Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Pressure For 19" Tyres

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Hey guys what is the correct tyre pressure for 19's on a vn ss 245 35 MAXXIS MAZ1.

I want to get the pressure right just wondered what u guys set ur 19's at :thumbsup:.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
for me I have 40 psi in the front and 42 in the rear

I know it sounds high but it saves me from my tyres scrubbing out

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Spoke To Bob Jane Today Who Sold Me The Tyres They Recommend 36psi In The Fronts & 38 Psi In The Rears,if you Go Above This The Tyres Will Be Over Inflated And Will Damaged The Outer Section And Be Fine In The Middle.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You Don't Need To Have A Capital Letter On Every Word In The Sentence.

Start at 40f/42r and drop it down 1psi at a time until it feels good to drive. If your car is lowered, it can tramline a bit if the pressures are too high. I run 40psi all round and I only have 15's. So far they have done about 80 000kms. Borderline legal now though.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why did you ask the question only to answer it yourself anyway?

In maxxis tyres you can run the pressures at whatever you want, they are **** tyres so the quicker you wear them out the quicker you can buy something decent. If for some reason you think these tyres are good, do not run them below 40psi all around.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Why did you ask the question only to answer it yourself anyway?

In maxxis tyres you can run the pressures at whatever you want, they are **** tyres so the quicker you wear them out the quicker you can buy something decent. If for some reason you think these tyres are good, do not run them below 40psi all around.

Gives me something to read, also gives reference to other people on the forum looking for this info :)

On the maxis front, yes I too agree they are ****, I highly regret getting maxis rubber.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Gives me something to read, also gives reference to other people on the forum looking for this info :)

On the maxis front, yes I too agree they are ****, I highly regret getting maxis rubber.

I thought Maxxis are meant to be good...MAZ1 got good reports......

Too hard and easier for tire to tear and puncture. 34-38 is good range.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i run 45 psi all round it stops the walls of the tyres being pinched and the rims being bent. it personal choice u dont have to be worried about ride quality coz there is non with 19s