Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTD: .net, delphi, VB6 C++ java etc CODERS

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ok guys, vl400 has been working on a realtime ecu and software for the vn ecu for a year or so now, but a couple months ago, his coder went west, along with half done software i think.

now, he hasnt been able to do any of the software himself, but hes been working on how to tune the vr auto memcals, this includes modding the trans code, and is currently nutting out the ecotec stuff.

so, what he needs now, is someone that has experience in .net, delphi, VB6 C++ java etc, and is willing to help out with making the software, the basic requirements are serial comms and a GUI.

i might have a crack myself, but im limited to vb6 and still im not that good, most of my stuff is taken from example code or other peoples stuff and modified, because i just cant force myself to work from scratch, though i probably could if i tried.

so, if anyones up to the challenge, post here or pm me, and we'll try and get this happening, ive been waiting a while and am eager as to get realtime software in my hands, along with the ability to diy tune ecotecs and vr autos.

ill start the thread in here, and if theres not much interest/views, i'll move it to general or pub section.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
bump it up, anyone?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
can possibly give you a hand with JAVA..... depends on how complex the calsses wil be

aZk.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hak's i may be able to help, i've done vb6 and C++ in the past but not for creating too indepth progs..

let us know

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I've done some work with java (and vb.net - although that was a while ago now:whistling) so I MAY be of some help:p

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i do C and Java, have designed a program that interfaces using serial communications and have mucked around with GUIs in the past. How big a project are we talking here?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
u looked at tunerpro and efilive? picture them 2 in the one app. speaking of, i havent talked to vl400 in ages,wonder how hes going with it. i got heaps of work leading upto and after christmas, havent even had time to think about this

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
if the unit anywere run's ....G code or M code ...pm me
but mostly used in robotic's but still may be used!! un shure in engine managment

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
i got a mate thats got a deploma in C++ if you still need a programmer? i can ask let us know

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
im pretty damn handy with VB6 although VB6 is quite limited i'm sure something could be done, though it's generally understanding what the information comming out of the car is, rather then what to send it, once the information comming out can be read accuratly, then what to send becomes clearer.

I take it you are going for an ALDL diagnostic plug setup, or will this be connecting to a seperate piece of hardware that has the ability to read/write to memcal chips?