Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4'11 gears in vp 3.8ltr 5 speed

B

BADGM6

how are ya guys, im getting 4'11 gears and mini spool in my v6 5 speed vp on saturday, i ws wondering how it would go and any other comments thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
4.11 and mini spool

mmm interesting combo there..-comparing to a mates vh v8 t5 with the same lsd diff ratio, well u will have an extremely short 1st gear, 2nd gear will feel about the same maybe bit less as 1st use to behind the stock diff. on the highway it will really scream, dont be suprised if ur rpms will be like 3500-4000rpm on the highway at 110kms, it will chew more fuel thats for sure, but good response, also ur speedometer will be out by miles so u may have to get it recalibrated, theres a few shops that can do this. as for the mini spool, im not sure if there legal on street roads, but have fun in the wet ul be all over the place if u give it a bit of curry. if uve got expensive tyres on board, expect to replace them more often as the mini spool may chew out the tyres out faster especially when going round roundabouts and corners that are tight. other than that go for it really if u dont mind the inconvieniences that this combo produces, it will really make a difference to the kick in the pants feel when booting the car.

-Cam

B

BADGM6

do u think 3'9s would be similar or much different? what do u think would b best i dun mind bout petrol, tyres etc.. just will it still have pull after about 150k's

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
wat do u want to set the car up for street or drag, how much power is it putting out?? or u just gonna do burnouts?? 4 11 diff gearing is just overboard for anything thats not pulling really really serious times. i mean on the drag strip a guy named dwilz has a twin turbo vs running 10.75 and hes using 3 45 gearing. theres no real point using too high gearing down the strip unless your running serious power because then gear changes will be taking from your time.
mini spools are illegal and dangerous in the wet
but fun when u got some stockies, better to save your money get a lsd with 3 45 or evern 3 7 gears

V

VIP-VPT..Banned......

**** sorry bout that jus testin my comp out, its ****ed at the moment, lol
i own a V6 VP exec, slammed, sittin on ceptors, stock gear ratio which is 308's, and i did my minispool, apart from that the only other mod is a pod in which i pop my head light out when i run so it can breath a lil better, but as for my spool..... best f***ing thing i coulder done, for street AND drag.......... The spool itself cost me $140 and got a mate to fit it, done in 3 hours, took it out for a spin and buzzed the f**k out! better take off, quicker reaction, constant LS 24/7 where as sum lsd's do single for sum reason, i pulled a 15.1 before i put the spool in, took it to calder the same week after fittin the spool and ran a 14.8, not too bad for a fairly stock six. i took it to an exhaust centre and they reckon ill pull a mid to low 14 with headers and 2.5" single pipe with high flow cat n hotdog muffler, buddy to do a spool is the best option if u wanna take corners sideways n u wanna run quick times, but as for going 4'11's, thats a different story i say save ur money drop a spool in ur six, the only thing ull be breakin is axles which are $25 each from the local wreckers... have fun dude