Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Launch control.... (B&M kit)

jmc04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz r8 maloo m6
have just purchased the launch control kit and have some questions???
the kit is a solenoid that is hooked up in the brake line so when active holds the front brake pressure for staging . ie front brakes locked rears are free.

does any one know the legalities of installing one of these kits.

is it posible to hook up in reverse on the rear brakes ie leave the rear brake free and still controll the fronts.

what sort of pressures are involved in brake lines (hsv vz R8)

cheerz

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
check with your reg office

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Not legal mate.

is it posible to hook up in reverse on the rear brakes ie leave the rear brake free and still controll the fronts.

Yea, run it through the back brake lines so you hit the switch to stop the back brakes from working while controling the front brakes with your foot.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
No They are not legal..
And yes you can turn them around to lock off the rear brakes so you can still fully control the car for doing doughnuts and controlled burnouts.. IE:Summernats .. This I know cause I have installed them in 2 of my cars the same way..One of which I still own.. :-
)

I Will Say and it is a must.. Make sure you have bright warning light no matter how much it annoys you.. I wont say which one but in one of the summernats videos I go right onto the deep end in the go to whoa