Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Parking

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I just went out to my car and there was a car parked across the road blocking my driveway. Can anyone tell me if i have a case against it because it happends every weekend.

12072009023.jpg

TR33VV

Hummer and a chicken feed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II LS3+TURBO
Do what I did and borrow a mate 4x4 and drag it down the road... Hasn't happened again since... ;)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Hows that blocking your driveway? Theres no law saying you can't park across the road from someones driveway

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
If it's parked on YOUR side of the road across/blocking YOUR driveway then yes that is illegal to do so as it is restricting access to your driveway. Ask the dumb **** not to do it any more or ring the cops, (maybe they'll turn up three days later) or do something else that seems appropriate to you!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I don't see anything wrong with the pic. The commodore is over the street, the Honda next door is doing the same thing and whatever is parked out the front of your place (i can see the shadow) is probably doing the same thing to the doll's house with the white fence.

Annoyingly tight street, nothing illegal (although the old VN or whatever on the lawn over the street might not be allowed by some councils.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As said, nothing illegal about it. Maybe just ask them to move? Do you have difficulty getting in and out of your driveway? If so, i suggest spending a weekend down in a vacant car park practising judging distances with your car, because you really need it.

I have to enter my driveway almost 90 degree's because of how steep it is, yet i can still manage with a car parked right across the road. Likewise to get out.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
anythings possible with a full spool and a t56... haha

You wouldn't believe, the International doesn't scrape, yet the 4WD high wagon does....go figure lol

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Annoyingly tight street, nothing illegal (although the old VN or whatever on the lawn over the street might not be allowed by some councils.
Not just SOME. Australia wide. End of story.

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 197
197—Stopping on a path, dividing strip, nature strip or painted island

(1) A driver must not stop on a bicycle path, footpath, shared path or dividing strip, or a nature strip adjacent to a length of road in a built-up area, unless:

(a) the driver stops at a place on a length of road, or in an area, to which a parking control sign applies and the driver is permitted to stop at that place under the Australian Road Rules ; or

(b) the driver is permitted to stop under another law of this jurisdiction.

Offence provision.

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
how the hell is that illegal?? hes parked on the other side of the road, you can't blame that guy for your parking ability