Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard Duty VS Heavy Duty - Pedal Feel

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I keep getting very mixed opinions on pedal feel when using a Heavy Duty clutch, some are saying there is no difference, others are saying its much heavier.

Can people post there opinions up on there pedal feel and what clutch they are using.

Im trying to decide between a Exedy Heavy Duty, and an Exedy standard duty, I wouldnt mind a stronger clutch, but most weeks Im doing over 1000km's, so I dont want a Heavy clutch either.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I keep getting very mixed opinions on pedal feel when using a Heavy Duty clutch, some are saying there is no difference, others are saying its much heavier.

Can people post there opinions up on there pedal feel and what clutch they are using.

Im trying to decide between a Exedy Heavy Duty, and an Exedy standard duty, I wouldnt mind a stronger clutch, but most weeks Im doing over 1000km's, so I dont want a Heavy clutch either.

Personally, with the T5 and a heavy clutch.... ITS A-LOT HEAVIER... however, as you said, everyone has an opinion. I found that it was harder to depress the pedal... which makes sense... the pressure plate is rated at a higher compression to take the load, as the pivot remains the same the pressure required is directionally proportaional to the increased load.

just my theory anyway.

aZk.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i just put an Xtreme heavy duty clutch in my LS1 and its not that much heavier. so overall im happy with the result.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Anyone else?

From what I can work out majority of the people who didnt notice a difference have hydraulic clutches, not Cable. But still a few people with a cable clutch havent noticed the diffence. Got to order my clutch very soon, slipping every gear change and at random grows old.

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
Brothers vu ss recently had heavy duty clutch fitted cant remember brand but I cant really feel too much difference from the standard clutch.
The you wouldnt esxpect it but the standard clutch in my xr6 is much heavier.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
i have an exedy hd clutch in the vn which is cable and i can tel you that its fairly heavy but not over the top.
i cant really say how much heavier it is over standard cos the ss never had a standard clutch in it when i got my hands on it.

the best part about having a heavy clutch is that most ppl cant drive properly with them so they never ask to drive :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I cant compare because my VN never had a standard clutch and Ive never driven any other T5. But my Exedy HD isnt that bad. I found lubing the cable made a big difference as it was bone dry and still original. But on the other hand a mate of mine has the same clutch in his VL and its soooo much lighter (hydraulic).

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Hmmm, so many mixed opinions lol, Im thinking I will go standard duty, its going to hold upbeter then the slipping and shuddering piece of **** I have now. The car isnt flogged ever, and I want it to be as comfortable as possible to drive.