Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you wash your car?

Reaction score
This applies to people with water restrictions. I'm in Melbourne and we aren't allowed to wash cars. We can only take them to car washes. So how do people prefer to wash their cars? I find the brushes on the self serve car washes look too harsh and the touch free ones i'm not too sure about either. I just brought a new car and i don't know what would be best. Any advice?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
just wash it anyway, we did here during the restrictions, if the patrol come around hose them down the second they come on ur property

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Are there any places where you can hand wash your car with your own products but use their water to rinse? I dont like using the soaps and brushes at the car washes so i need to find a place. I usually just rinse mine off at the car wash or i use a bucket to wash at home then rinse off at the car wash.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
I usually just rinse mine off at the car wash or i use a bucket to wash at home then rinse off at the car wash.

Lol you actually let the suds dry whilst you drive to the car wash?
To the OP, have a look out for the waterless car wash products, avail from supercheap, repco etc.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ive got a nice micro fiber cloth that i take to the car wash and use that instead of the brush, imo i can clean the car faster with the cloth than with the brush. also i agree those brushes are really bad sometimes

Reaction score
ive got a nice micro fiber cloth that i take to the car wash and use that instead of the brush, imo i can clean the car faster with the cloth than with the brush. also i agree those brushes are really bad sometimes

I thought of doing that but what soap do you use? So you use the colourful 'shampoo'
stuff that comes out of the little gun?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
i just spray with the high pressure soap 1st so the whole car is wet and soapy then go over it with the cloth then rinse and use the clear coat wax then chamois

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I think people use more water with the buckets then a quick spray of the hose. So i say use the hose to give it a little sprinkle and then use a bucket of water (with some wash and wax) with a sponge to go over it and then another spray of the hose (while no one is looking :D )

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
we got a 5000 and a 10,000 liter water tank..otherwise i go to the car wash with my own sponge, rag to clean spokes on the wheels and chamios..use the suds, pressure wash, wax and spot free rinse there but use my own cleaning utensils..i use there brush to put the soap on and thats it..then use my own spounge and rag to give it a good clean..drive out next to the vacuum and chamois and clean inside of the car:thumbsup: costs about 8-10 bucks all up..never been a big fan of them auto/laser washers..they reck your car in my opinion