Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i know if rims are original?

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
i got a set of rims 18" rims and need to know if they are original. how do i do this and what do i look for? any help would be great. i was told they were 2004 monaro gts rims but i've seen em on lots a different cars so i'm not sure.

Attachments

• tn_100_1204.JPG
    tn_100_1204.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 241
  • tn_100_1205.JPG
    tn_100_1205.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 265

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I'd assume there'd be a Holden emblem somewhere on the inside of the rim. Or even a serial number of some sort that a Holden dealer could give info on?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
If they are genuine HSV rims it will have HSV stamped on the back of them along with ROH the makers of the rim, That's what I had on my 18" Grange wheels..Those rims look like series 1 Monaro wheels, BUT not the 04 GTS variant, the 04 GTS had 19"s. Those wheels you have were put on GTS's VT series, then the VX clubsports wore them but diff colours were available. They shadow chrome but looks of it. Nice rims.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
They are the same as the ones on my car. 18x8's. They were first on HSV VT Series 1 GTS's. They were then on Series 1 CV8 Monaros, followed by a few other HSV cars. They are most likely the HSV ones and as said will have both HSV and ROH stamped on the back. They might also be the monaro ones which will have Holden stamped on em. If they are Holden confirm the part numbers with them.
AirStrike :air:

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
thanks guys. they do have the hsv and roh tags on them. but the also have on one of the spokes the words "holden acn 18x8j" they also have a heap of other numbers so i do a search of them and see what i find. by the way what would they be worth? i got them pretty cheap off a friend.