Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Company car p plater ?

simoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS Ute
Hi just need to no the boss has vy ss company cars and he is giving one too me but I won't be aloud to Drive it will I ? Vicroads says you can but they don't say if I can drive it after work hours ? Can it be driven at anytime ?
Thanks

simoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS Ute
Yeah think better just give em a call lol just to be safe

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i don't think you will get a straight answer from vicroads.

you get an automatic exemption if you drive a probationary prohibited vehicle during work related activities, but you have to be able to prove its work related. depending on what the person is like that pulls you over, saying that you're doing work stuff could be enough, but more evidence may be needed. no evidence from vicroads is needed to say you can drive a probationary prohibited vehicle for work stuff.

this could sound funny, but you could get your boss (old man) to hand write a note saying that this is a company vehicle that you only have access to and use for work related stuff, and have him sign it too with a contact number.

if you're using it legitimately for work stuff, you wont get in trouble. i have been pulled over in my old mans V8 crewman a few times when im driving it for work, and nothing happened. just got asked if it was a work car and i said yeah its my bosses.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What do you need the SS for after work? Don't you have another car, what about the Ute in your details. Why not get your old man to give you a fuel card on the company account.

kieran.87

Reaction score
As far as i know you need proof, a mate from highschool a while back had one (SS ute) through his dad's company and had been pulled over and questioned about it. He was issued with a letter from Vic roads, but if its on a friday night and your in casual clothes well the police could draw their own conclusions.