Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hurricane extractors

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hey boys rang up liverpool exhuast today they quoted me for headers and cats $1300, what do you guys think on that?
any of you know of other places that do a good job, i questions about the pacie headers and he said to not even go there because they hang lower than the hurricanes and just cost to much!!
whereas castlehill exhuast said to not go near hurricane because they dont have a good fit on a v6??
what do you guys suggest?

cheers
kjdoohan

Veriton

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VZ
Dunno on a v6, but I fitted hurricanes to my SV8 and they fitted like a champ (aside from a hassle to fit the extractors, which is pretty normal, rest fitted fine), just had to bend one heatshield outta the way as the rear muffler hit it when you put the engine under too much load, or twisted the chassis, but that was simple enough to do.

Hurricanes to hug the chassis, which is perfect for anyone wanting/with a lowered car, however the high flow cats stiill do sit lower than a standard cat.

But like I said, this is just from my view with a V8, oh yeah, it cost me $2000 (for a full front to back system though) for parts alone at trade price, free fitting (cause me n a mate tackled it, we both work on cars anyway), took 4- 41/2 hours. BUT MAN DOES IT SOUND AWSOME...

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Dunno on a v6, but I fitted hurricanes to my SV8 and they fitted like a champ (aside from a hassle to fit the extractors, which is pretty normal, rest fitted fine), just had to bend one heatshield outta the way as the rear muffler hit it when you put the engine under too much load, or twisted the chassis, but that was simple enough to do.

Hurricanes to hug the chassis, which is perfect for anyone wanting/with a lowered car, however the high flow cats stiill do sit lower than a standard cat.

But like I said, this is just from my view with a V8, oh yeah, it cost me $2000 (for a full front to back system though) for parts alone at trade price, free fitting (cause me n a mate tackled it, we both work on cars anyway), took 4- 41/2 hours. BUT MAN DOES IT SOUND AWSOME...

yea mate im sure it would hear a video of a green sv8 with hurricane front back well cheers for your help mate!