Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock Nuts

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
it can be done like that on some of them and if that dont work they just use a chisel and make a notch that they can put somthing in it and turn them off that way

but most of the time they are a deterent to someone who just wants to steal your rims.

so in other words yes they work but if they want the wheels they will get them.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Lock Nuts deter thieves from taking the wheels from your car without actually taking the whole thing . Which in my experience is very uncommon, if it's got a stereo and rims they won't go to the trouble of jacking it up and removing your prized possessions running the risk of being caught in the act.

They'll simply take the whole car , try and work on protecting it with a decent alarm, killswitch/es, metal igniton jackets, fuel cuts etc etc.

Jake

D

dumpd6

yea they work in a way but there more of a deterent than being onn therre for safety reason. as long as they have a complete socket set they will get them. an depends on what the looks like will also be a deterent if it looks neat with good wheels an looks like a grown mans car they wont touch it unlike if it is a young guys car they will still get them no matter how many lock nuts the wheels have

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Locknuts are good but as the other guys have said if they want them they will take them some how. But its a lot harder to steal the rims with them on and lets face it most people just don't give a f*#* about someone elses car and turn the other way.

Like a club lock or a flashing light they will stop the "honest thief"

Regards Guy.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i wish i had lock nuts on my vl

note other post

other post
http://forums.justcommodores.com//index.ph...?showtopic=1367

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Geez Munted, that blows my theory out the window. I can't believe nobody saw them

Jake