Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car remotes and frequency

vs calais 95

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
I was talking to my uncle and he said something about people copying the frequency of your cars remote when you lock your car when you are out or wherever, with some sort of device, he said he saw it on ncis but sounds like it could be possible or maybe not, what do you guys think?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
its all BS. there was a rumor ages ago, but its a lie. i did figure out a way that works on one series of car, but there is no chance i will be giving out that info.

also all JAZ/ANZ standards alarms are 'code hopping' so each time you press the button it unlocks your car and changes the code to another hexidec number, which is 128 bit i believe, so a 16 digit number. good luck beating that system.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Modern immobilisers have rolling codes that change every few minutes and/or lock/unlock/start event. "capturing" the radio frequency won't help you. You would have a better chance of winning the lotto on multiple occasions rather than guessing the code.

Reaper