Wrote this in an email to a mate, thought I could share it here; maybe some of you can relate
Stuff to get at wreckers'
- Calais interior light (5L one broke shitty plastic)
- brake light high mount socket (locating lugs smashed off so need to solder in a new one, 5L)
- boot switch (5L boot light stays on)
- gas strut clips to make sure bonnet struts don't pop off their upper lugs (5litre currently living dangerously)
- v8 throttle cable (5L one is EPIC fail stretched, has figure 8 knot in it to tension. FAIL.)
- v8 intake flexi hose airbox-throttle body (5L one cracked and duct taped )
- 2 rear v6 heater hoses (heater tap to firewall) (if i can find any in good condition, to plumb heater into LS1)
- spare wheel (5L roadworthy)
- tailshaft bracket (5L missing its tailshaft 'loop' looking bracket, some shit previous owner!!!!!)
- 304 engine covers (pretty her up for sale)
- 2 new relays&holders for AU fans
- shifter surround plastic trim, cig' lighter & ashtray for LS1, still has nothing around the shifter
- chrome wheel nuts if i can find any for a decent price (pretty up the 5L)
- power windows switches (LS1 switches in centre console iffy due to weathering out the back of the shed)
- rear seat lower cushion (5L one has errant spring that pokes passengers in the ass/leg lol)
- fuse panel cover clips (shitty ones holding that panel under the steering wheel are epic fail in the LS1)
- VN calais grille on the off chance i find a near perfect one
- any mulberry trim i can find!!!!!!!!
- inner guard plastic liner, driver's side (5L one missing, fail prev. owner again!!)
- steering column plastics (LS1 one disagreed with a bump Perth->Syd @ ~200kph LOL, same bump that snapped an exhaust weld from memory!)
Hopefully I can get that shit sorted, pretty sure I'll be much happier with life with that list of really annoying little niggles removed from circulation in the back of my brain.
WTB: mulberry VN interior parts
I also build computers. PM me if you are considering a new desktop PC.
I chose not to think about the stuff thats wrong with my cars..
If I thought about it to much and set out to replace everything that was rooted then id sooner be better off getting a brand new car...
I made a list ages ago of everything wrong with my car, then decided when I have the money ill buy a newer car, then throw the vn in the garage and fix the problems but for now, aslong as it runs and isnt a death trap im happy ahhaa