Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cutting Compound on Glass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Yeah I have used Menzerna on a rotary to remove etching. Some people recommend detailing clay but I found it to be quite useless. If you have heavy etching, nothing will get rid of it really.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It will work on light scratches to some extent. Depends how long you want to polish for. If the window is otherwise bin material you have nothing to loose by trying. I have also seen ultra fine sand paper and then cutting compound/polish used on clear plastic such as headlights to remove sand blasting quite successfully too.

Reaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah Ill give it a go tomorrow. Just didn't want to spot test it if it was going to make my glass explode into a Giant Fireball where everyone within a 3 mile radius was incinerated.

I'm currently working on my front lights :p But the damage was so bad so I started with 80 grit sound paper... A Looooonnnggggg way to go before I'm finished :p

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
I've used a diamond based product I bought from a local car tint shop it was real dear like $90 for 80mls but it was unreal how my windows come up .. Down side I then had the spend another $60 on polish to polish the rest of the car cos the windows where so shiny haha

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
The only thing that will get scratches out of glass is Cerium Oxide. But you'll need a machine polisher. (No good by hand.)
Glass is extremely hard and the only things that work are Cerium Oxide and diamond polishing disks/pads.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
i have used polish on glass with ok results on a rotary. got some better results with duragloss nuglass polish. gets rid of the marks your mentioned but wont remove scratches but not many things will as mentioned earlier