Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thread: Vl commodore at Wakefield park trackday (video)

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
Hey guys since there are pretty much no videos of Vl's standard 6 on youtube i thought id take a vid and put it up to see what its like on the track, it was my first time and it was fantastic but this was later on session in the day. car is standard except exhaust system. automatic aswell :| enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuO5TH1yYA

ps1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive VE Omega
First time at Wakefield? That is OK! I have spent many a day there and truth be told Wakefield is a terrible "goat track". The weather is also a real pain. Steaming hot one minute and then cold windy and rainy the next. Having said that though it is a mad track to get a zillion laps for little cost compared to other venues and its within driving range from Sydney, Wollongong and Canberra. For the last sentence alone it's existence is justified. Not really made for bigger beasts like Commodores as you know. My family race bikes and sports cars there and it is tight for them.

Car sounds OK for what it is and being the first time there. The more laps completed, the seconds fall off rapidly. It is just one of those tracks. Two of my brother in laws have come a gutsa at the end of the main straight. Not pretty. Good on you for having a go. At least you are having fun.

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
yeah i plan on going back this september, with new one off motor/box complete suspension and brake overhaul, ill post up a video of how i go and im sure a few on here will be interested. but yeah took it on there to learn the track a bit and after the first few sessions it was like i need more, i was pushing the car alot and it showed but should be much better second time out.