Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

catalytic converter

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
Hi all, just wonderin how do i tell if my catalytic converter is busted without taking it off?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
My guess would be a kinda foul smell coming from around where it is, but I have absolutely no idea mate sorry

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
it would sometimes rattle like **** coz the baffle would be either loose or completely broken and just banging around on the inside

MOTIV8

Cybernaut
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mountain Bike
A catalytic oxidizer, or catalytic converter, is an automobile component found in the exhaust system. It oxidizes (burns) carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons, using platinum and palladium/rhodium as catalysts, while reducing (separating the oxygen atom rather than adding it) nitrogen oxides to create nitrogen. This greatly reduces toxic tailpipe emissions and reduces smog. The catalyst bed is usually in the form of either honeycombed ceramic or ceramic beads covered in the catalyst.

The smell of rotten eggs - a continuous burning-sulphur smell - usually indicates a problem in the catalytic converter

hsv_timo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
A catalytic oxidizer, or catalytic converter, is an automobile component found in the exhaust system. It oxidizes (burns) carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons, using platinum and palladium/rhodium as catalysts, while reducing (separating the oxygen atom rather than adding it) nitrogen oxides to create nitrogen. This greatly reduces toxic tailpipe emissions and reduces smog. The catalyst bed is usually in the form of either honeycombed ceramic or ceramic beads covered in the catalyst.

The smell of rotten eggs - a continuous burning-sulphur smell - usually indicates a problem in the catalytic converter
The last bit would of just helped him was the essay necessary?

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ