Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Going the long way to the shops

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Tonight I had to get some stuff from the shops. We live about 5 minutes from a Woolworths.
So, taking advantage of some quality time with my new SS, I took a 40 km detour. I'm really loving it!

Having had the car a week, I'm taking opportunities to drive it even when unnecessary :).

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Got to love that V8 rumble!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
LOL, love it mate.

I may only have an old VT V6 as my ride, but the joy of driving does it. I once did went for "a drive" from Western Sydney to Oberon via the back of Little Hartley. That was a 450km trip all up :/

Glad you're enjoying your new car :)

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
hahaha did the same thing the other night not sure why but just felt like driving

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Most of my drives are the long way. :D My cousins mate commented how I should know everything is in this town... :p

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
It's odd, I even enjoy driving slowly. The mild sound of the V8 when she accelerates up to 60 is still making me smile.

I'm also a bit paranoid about speed bumps since she's lowered, and wonder what the cars behind me think as I roll over them at 30 or less.

She's having new speakers installed at the moment ( Focal) so with that I will want to drive even more :).

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I'm the same, enjoy the experience of driving. Relaxed, cruising around at 80kph, sometimes up at 100 on those sweeping country roads. No need to be aggressive, there's a reason my car is still around and in good nick after all the kms it's done.

If people want to fang it, they can go to a track.