Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

99 VT Commodore Interior refurbishing?

Cl4rk3y

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Berlina
Well I just got my first car, 99 VT Berlina, But the Interior is ruined, must of been from kids or something, the roof lining has fallen down, all the little compartments are either snapped or broken, seats are dirty as hell, the windows barely work + heaps of other stuff,

Would anyone know where or how to get this refurbished for fixed?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
You made a very big mistake, there are plenty of tidy cars out there. The way you have described it, it sounds like this car isnt worth fixing.

How much did you get it for?

However, if you're set on fixing it you can pick up a complete interior from the wreckers or ebay. I wouldnt know how much it costs, could be quite expensive.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Have a look at my thread the vt berlina i picked it up for $300 i just put a immac vz acclaim intirior in it vx ss wheels good polish paintes a few fthings in the engine bay i need to update the thread but the computers not working i couldent get $1500 without the wheels its tidy runs great.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
WPN-42L is right, there are heaps of tidys cars out there. My WH Statesman is an ex rental car and the interior is immaculate, a few different people would have driven it not just the same person. The exterior had a few scratches and dents which I fixed up but I couldn't be happier with it, I wouldn't have got it if it was like what you have described.

But still, there are going to be a few VT Commodores at wreckers and you should be able to find a good interior and get the other parts you need.

As for the roof lining, they don't cost too much to replace with a new one, take it somewhere that fits them unless you want to try it yourself.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Self serve wreckers are a good place to start for common interior trim parts (anything that you would also find on an Executive). Sometimes you can strike it lucky and there will be a Berlina/Calais/Statesman you can salvage some interior parts from. Usually the interiors at wreckers are very dirty/dusty from people leaving doors/windows open, but if you are looking for plastic parts they come up a treat after a good clean. Check for scratches because usually people are pretty ham-fisted and also most of the engine parts end up thrown in there too lol.

Other wreckers where they dismantle the parts and shelve them for you can be better for finding rarer upmarket interior parts, but my personal experience with these wreckers are that they are usually rude, and they ask way too much for the parts. That's just my 2 cents - i don't even bother with these type of places anymore.

Ebay can be a good source for some of the rarer upmarket Berlina/Calais parts (storage compartments, woodgrain trim, etc). Sometimes you can get a bargain, other times it ends up in a bidding war and goes for a ridiculous price. Don't be too bummed if an auction goes sky high, just leave it - there is bound to be another item come up in the future. As always with Ebay don't buy from people with minimal/bad feedback, if the pictures are bad quality and they don't mention the condition assume it's in bad condition, and if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Most interior parts you can buy brand new from Holden, but be prepared to pay through the nose. A simple center console compartment for my VY Berlina was $100. I think on the VT some of the compartments have a removable clip, so you can get a new replacement clip (for a couple $) rather than having to buy the whole thing.
You eventually work out what parts of the interior are prone to breaking. I myself am very careful with my interior, but still have a small stockpile of spare interior parts that i know will eventually break or wear out!

For the seats, try renting one of those carpet steam cleaners from the supermarket with the upholstery attachment. Mighty mods have a video about those here:
How To Steam Clean Car DIY - YouTube

For the windows, you will find there are little nylon runners that attach to the window regulator arms and slide in window rails. These are very prone to breaking and will cause rattling and grinding noises when you put the windows up and down. You can simply buy new plastic runners from Holden, remove the old runners, clean out the rails and relube them with silicon grease, then install your new runners. Then your windows will operate like new (hopefully). Theres a guide here:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/replace-plastic-window-runners.123775