Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 roadys with in 4 months on the same car and picked completly different things

11doob1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
got a roady a few months ago to check out what needs to be done so got it all fixed took it back a couple weeks ago to have them find ten completely different things on the same car that just sat there. any one had this problem before?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Depends what the problems were. Things can deteriorate while a car jus sits. Or things that might have been borderline may have tipped over the line. Or, them seeing that you have made little to no attempt to get things fixed in a timely manner have then thoroughly gone over the car and been more harsh than before.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Depends what the problems were. Things can deteriorate while a car jus sits. Or things that might have been borderline may have tipped over the line. Or, them seeing that you have made little to no attempt to get things fixed in a timely manner have then thoroughly gone over the car and been more harsh than before.

This is probably what's happened.

11doob1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
yer thats understandable but the uni joints?
and ajustment of the doors cause it slightly touched and couldnt close it with one finger as he showed me. the rest was globes and bushes

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Closing a door with one finger? Wtf goes on there? Its not a new car..
Bushes and globes are understandable.
Unis could have movement. Which is bad. Depending on the amount.

11doob1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
yer he sat there and just pushed it and said see it slightly touches as it closes.
yer globes is fare anough but i replaced the lower caster rod bushes but they said it was the upper the only problem with that was they didnt clearly mark it.
the oil leak they picked up the first time didnt get picked the second time and i didnt touch the oil leak

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
If you think he is ripping you off, go elsewhere. We have a local mechanic, he just makes sure that all the issues are fixed during the year so very little, or otherwise nothing, needs doing.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I recently got a wheel alignment and balance at a different place to my mechanic, and they gave me a massive list of things that needed to be replaced and gave me some quotes, including:

$380 for Broken Engine mounts - which were replaced 25,000km ago, they are perfect.
Rear brakes were apparently at 5 and 6mm showing signs of uneven wear - they were replaced literally the week before. Upon inspection, they are perfect.
$320 for a Center Muffler - fair enough has a bit of a ding, but $320?!
$520 for Power Steering Rack (not including alignment) - yeah it needs doing, but not by these bastards.

AND to add to all this. The tyres with only 10,000km were balanced in such a way that they are in fact worse...

Never again.