Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE ss ute - Harrop Supercharger belt slip

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Hey guys I've just bought myself a VE ss ute with a
Harrop supercharger fitted, I'm having trouble with my
Serpentine belt slipping in the higher rpm, is there
An aftermarket manual belt tensioner I can buy or
Fit a toothed belt system on the front of the motor to
Rectify this problem? Or what could I do to Prevent the
Excessive slipping?

Where is the best place to buy these parts if so?

Any feedback will be great! Cheers

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
if you bought the car with the kit already on it, id prob suggest you contact harrop.

ask them if you have the correct belt, and theres not meant to be another pulley etc

HARROP | Contact

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i had the same problem, ended up been a faulty tensioner, everything looked ok and felt tight, i took it back to the place that did the work, they put a new tensioner on, same as the old one and have not have a problem since.
so i would start with changing the tensioner and see how it goes, you can also buy some higher rated tensioners, not sure how easy they are to get in OZ, but a few USA sites have them

Turbokillerl77

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute 6.0
i had the same problem, ended up been a faulty tensioner, everything looked ok and felt tight, i took it back to the place that did the work, they put a new tensioner on, same as the old one and have not have a problem since.
so i would start with changing the tensioner and see how it goes, you can also buy some higher rated tensioners, not sure how easy they are to get in OZ, but a few USA sites have them

hey mate i had the same problem with mine you need to change it to a glimmer belt drive and will increase in power as there is no slippage will cost 650

:)