Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM TECH 2 Vetronix scanner & Genuine software GM

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
GM TECH 2 Vetronix scanner & Genuine software GM.

Hey everyone, just wanted to get people's opionion on this particular tech 2 scanner on eBay Iv seen it in person and it the software there using is the Geniune GM software.
Is that a good price?
Has anyone seen the same one cheaper somewhere else?

Here's the link to it. Check it out your self.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=271039321891&index=24&nav=SEARCH&nid=80216012109

31b022f8-2109-9857.jpg

31b022f8-2124-95aa.jpg

31b022f8-2159-0a43.jpg

Last edited:

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Yeah I bought one on eBay last week for $750, does everything my mechanics tech2 does that he paid $9000 from Bosch lol.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats not a genuine tech 2 kit in the above link, its just a chinese cloned copy, although it has the proper aussie software card. Theres places online where you can buy brand new cloned kits for around $450 to $500. The software supplied with the kit in the above link is a bit old, and only does from 1997 to 2011, the later software version does holden models from 1997 to 2012. If you get a cheap kit, but cant get the aussie holden software card with it, then I can help out with the proper aussie holden software.

Last edited:

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Thats not a genuine tech 2 kit in the above link, its just a chinese cloned copy, although it has the proper aussie software card. Theres places online where you can buy brand new cloned kits for around $450 to $500. The software supplied with the kit in the above link is a bit old, and only does from 1997 to 2011, the later software version does holden models from 1997 to 2012. If you get a cheap kit, but cant get the aussie holden software card with it, then I can help out with the proper aussie holden software.

Yea, the hand held scanner isn't a GM original tech 2, but the software card is apparently, according to the seller the original GM uses.
And he also said he is now able to get the latest update which does the 2012 VE.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The software card wont be genuine either, as genuine bosch tech 2 cards are worth around $300 - $400 just for a blank card and around $500 if its loaded with software.. Its most likely a cheap cloned card thats been loaded with aussie software, the same as I supply. Its easy to tell the difference between the two cards, genuine tech 2 cards weigh about double what the cheap cards weigh.
I can program other tech 2 cards with australian software for $60, or I can supply a complete new cloned card, loaded with the aussie software for $140. I can also supply genuine bosch tech 2 cards loaded with aussie software for around $500 (depending on the aussie dollar as they come from the USA). These genuine cards still work in the cloned tech 2 units.

Last edited:

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Sure was fusccars it is. It's perfect does everything a full priced genuine will do, like mentioned up only up to 2011.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was just looking at something pretty similar on eBay, it's at about $140 at the moment. Will it do everything its meant to? Like can I clear airbag codes with it and just do everything that my mechanic at the Holden dealer could do with his? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't really have much of an idea when it comes to these things haha, but to me that price seems a bit too good to be true, unless its missing a vital component, or feature or something? Cheers
2012 GM Tech2 GM Diagnostic Scanner+Candi Kit DHL shipping | eBay

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
That Looks legit for a cloned unit and yes it will do everything you need and more but its no good buying overseas because the software is probably not Australian and may not work here but Brettjjj can confirm that