Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of Buying a new VF series 2 SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Hey guys, lately I've been thinking of getting a brand new VF series 2 SV6 but am wondering how long does it take to order. I have done one of there build a price things on there website and was wondering how long does it take to be made to what i want. here is a picture of the things that i wanted put on the car Screenshot by Lightshot Let us know if there is anything else i should include. Also on the manual transmission does this have the hill start assist if so how does it work.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Another thing is how hard would it be to get a loan for a car as I'm only 18 years of age. i currently have a Trade Apprenticeship and i am getting around $700 a week.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Good luck. 36k a year, with NO other expences such as rent, food, fuel etc etc you maybe able to borrow 50k. $234 w week for 7 years. Thats a long time. Honestly wait until you are trade certified and have more income.

Dont forget you will need full insurance on it, and at 18 its not cheap at all a year.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
We test drove a 2016 VF SV6 about a month back and weren't impressed with it, had no plans to buy a V8 but ended up going to VF SSV Redline, I honestly think you're better off going a VZ SV6, cheaper, but hey, if you want a VF mate, grab one for sure.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
At the moment the only expense that i have is just the fuel for the car as i have got my current car insured under my dads name and I'm just a secondary driver of the car makes it way cheaper if i do it through him. Currently i have a VZ Executive ute and its starting to cause a few problems so was thinking about selling it. Its only done 140,000kms and the radiator just went on it last night. Holden have said they would fix it for $700 plus i just spent about $1300 last month on a service and made them do a whole check over the car and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. This is the only real reason why im starting to think about getting a loan cause i feel like if i sell it now why is worth something rather than waiting for it to brake down again and then it cost me another $1000 or so to fix it.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
rather than waiting for it to brake down again and then it cost me another $1000 or so to fix it.

1k bill vs 46k car + interest on apprentice wages.... logical.

Primo time to learn to maintain a car yourself though, radiator and basic service is one of the easier DIY jobs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
1k bill vs 46k car + interest on apprentice wages.... logical.

Primo time to learn to maintain a car yourself though, radiator and basic service is one of the easier DIY jobs.

at least if i take it to a shop they can sign the log book and id prefer having it done properly. My wage is only going to increase as well and i wouldn't be thinking about doing this if i couldn't afford it

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
We are not saying you cannot afford it, its just about not over extending yourself. A LOT can change in 7 years, and since you live at home you have to ask, in the event you move out etc etc such as life, will you still be able to afford it ? Been there, done that, happy to have my old 300k boat and not have $250 a week taken out of our household budget.
This is simply advice, at the end of the day its up to you mate.