Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre shop scratched rims. How far to push this?

Omega-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
All four rims scratched at Bob Jane when they changed my tyres, the shop claims they didn't do it.

They offered to pay half the cost of a professional touch up...

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Take that offer quickly before they change their minds

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
bob jane used a screw driver to get the weights off one of my wheels, didn't notice until 3 weeks later, they seem to have no recolection of doing it :censored:

seems that they couldn't differenciate alloy wheels from steel wheels...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Common practice to say, they didn't scratch them, however they have already admitted guilt by offering to pay half. So personally I'd be running with their admission and getting them to cough the lot up

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Hence the reason i hate taking my car anywhere, yes i probably sound like a dick pointing out it has zero scratches on car or wheels. And i know its tempting to go for a thrash around the block but please dont.
May sound like a tosser but when i didnt say this seen a wheel guy scratch my tail gate in front of me!

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
50/50 nope they have admitted liabilty so ask them to now pay for the whole repair , take the matter up with their head office , they hate bad press of any kind and will quickly bend over to please the cutomer .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Now you know where not to buy tyres from in future.
I went there once, for a wheel alignment they pretended to do and I've not spent a cent there since....

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Now you know where not to buy tyres from in future.
I went there once, for a wheel alignment they pretended to do and I've not spent a cent there since....

any large chain of stores is more worried about making figures look good for the shiny butts in head office so they can make bouns for the month , stores will compete against each other in sales of tyres batterys wheel aligments puncture repairs verus tyre sales shockers , they will work on the idea that for every two tyres sold they should sell a wheel aligment and start by upselling a 4 wheel alignment over a 2 wheel alignment saying its better for your car even if it doesnt have adjustable rear end , just a selling tactic .

push power steering flushes , injector cleans , shockers need to be replaced after 90000 kms , brake fluid flushes were they just suck the res and refresh the fluid .
even offer a preimum wheel balnce or on car balance then just give you the std wheel balance .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
50/50 nope they have admitted liabilty so ask them to now pay for the whole repair , take the matter up with their head office , they hate bad press of any kind and will quickly bend over to please the cutomer .

With the Bob Jane chain, this is very important.....The company is going down hill very very quickly, so any negative press is something they want to avoid.