Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intake mod Chip 4 Holden Commodore VT VN VP VR VS VU

P

Pauly2478

Intake mod Chip 4 Holden Commodore VT VN VP VR VS VU:
does this really work???
any one with info about this from ebay please tell me pros/cons does it make power? and is there a cheaper way to do it?
pauly

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
do a search champ..seems every coupla months someone will find this dodgy "chip" on ebay and ask about it.
i wouldnt go gettin one if i were you mate.

P

Pauly2478

yo

just did a search but noone acctually said about it like if it works or not......
etc so my Q still stands (sorry)
pauly

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'm pretty sure that VT onwards are a reprogrammable ECU so no need for a chip. Just reprogramme the one you have. i've seen some places mentioned in car magazines that do it.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well i dont know what you searched for but its been well covered many times...
it does work in the theory that it lies to the pcm and says the air coming in is actually cooler than it is...which leads to running rich and overall its just not good for the engine (i mean those sensors are there for a purpose).
in short, its a really dodgy product which for the smallest amount of power increases it provides isnt worth it...but if you wanna give it a try, go for it.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
If you want a 10ohm resistor go to DSE or jaycar or somewhere and get one for 6c lol

Cheers
MaT

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
bangers said:
i'm pretty sure that VT onwards are a reprogrammable ECU so no need for a chip. Just reprogramme the one you have. i've seen some places mentioned in car magazines that do it.

well for starters the blokes got a vr...also this "intake chip" isnt a memcal/chip...its just a dodgy resistor.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Don't buy one, I bought this info and resistor when it was worth like $2. Fitted it to my V6, did nothing at all to performance on a hot day, the next COLD morning my car felt like an even bigger slug than the other HOTTER day so I decided to toss the 6c resistor and go back to variable timming and computer control.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
don't touch it. the car will be running rich, doing all sorts of damage to your car. it'll cook your exhaust, plugs, and CAT.