Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

found original walky rims

C

calais_hero

hey guyz, i was down at the local rim shop looking at sum new rims for my vl and the guy said he had some original vl walkingshaw rims for $1000 with semi-new tyres. they are still original paint with 1 or 2 scratches or the front left rim was just wondering if they are worth it as a collector thing?
oh and they r originals as they have the serial number and the momo logo stamped on them.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
The rims arnt as rare as people think, they pop up on ebay all the time, and going on the prices ive seen on ebay 1k seems a bit much, you can still buy em new from holden as well, a dealer here in adelaide has some on display, cant remember the price though. If you were going to fit em to your car, then its probably worth it, if not, i cant see them appreciating in value very much to make it worthwhile.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Doctor Sodways said:
The rims arnt as rare as people think, they pop up on ebay all the time, and going on the prices ive seen on ebay 1k seems a bit much, you can still buy em new from holden as well, a dealer here in adelaide has some on display, cant remember the price though. If you were going to fit em to your car, then its probably worth it, if not, i cant see them appreciating in value very much to make it worthwhile.
Thats right they aint rare. They were first fitted to the Walky hence why they are know as that, but they were fitted to alot of the lower spec VN and VP HSV's aswell.
After all they are a 15 year old 16" rim.......how much does he expect to get? Offer him $500
AirStrike :air:

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
i wouldnt pay anymore then 450 with decent tyres

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
how many walky commodores do you see with them on? not many. so there should be a few out there for sale.

C

calais_hero

cheers for the info guys, ive looked around nd yeah they do seem a bit expensive for what they. so i'll just stick with a set or FR19s

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
calais_hero said:
cheers for the info guys, ive looked around nd yeah they do seem a bit expensive for what they. so i'll just stick with a set or FR19s
LOL! Chalk and cheese or what! $500 versus $3500
AirStrike :air:

C

calais_hero

hey, a couple of months ago i was told walky rims go for around the 3k mark as they were "supposively" rare and all as soon as i saw them for 1k i kinda jumped to conclusions + the guy at the shop said that they were a very very good investment. nd soz i ment FR18's not FR19's

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
were walky rims made by MOMO?? i didnt think they were. they werent MOMO stars were they? ( fat flat five spoke rim with a smooth edge ) if they were then they are worth more than the $1000 he was asking!!

C

calais_hero

nah they were just the stock walkies 5 spoke 1 piece rims with the centre painted panorama silver and the outer rim polished metal. nd yeah they have momo stamped arount the outer edge or on the spoke