Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alarm remote reprogramming

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My alarm remote was doin weird stuff so i went to get a new one and after 2mins and 80 bucks later i had a new one.

All he did was the key turns and holding the button down, shouldnt programming a remote for a car be harder??

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Thats when they are new though, it'd just pick it up and set to that signal.

Hmm, but I do see what you mean, could you reset it and then try it on another car.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
bextor84 said:
Thats when they are new though, it'd just pick it up and set to that signal.

Hmm, but I do see what you mean, could you reset it and then try it on another car.
nope, once programed, cant be changed, canonly be used once

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
sorry but no holden ever has just needed only a button press to program a new remote.
Astras & Vectras have a sequence when the immobiliser is put into program mode with the tech2 , Then a button press will program it to the car.
Commodores need no buttons on the key to be pressed at any time during the programming & a Tech1 or Tech2 is needed, depending on what model.
Cheers Rob

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Just out of curiosity, the remote for my VP is seperate to the key, unlike a VT for instance, which has the remote as part of the key.

Would it be possible to get a new VT remote key, cut it to suit my VP barrels, and program the remote to match my VP, that way allowing me to have the key & remote in one unit.

Would be nice if that's possible.

Thanks.

Catch! ;)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Doctor Bob said:
sorry but no holden ever has just needed only a button press to program a new remote.
Astras & Vectras have a sequence when the immobiliser is put into program mode with the tech2 , Then a button press will program it to the car.
Commodores need no buttons on the key to be pressed at any time during the programming & a Tech1 or Tech2 is needed, depending on what model.
Cheers Rob

Its not a holden alarm, its aftermarket

S

scott_dog_1

Doctor Bob said:
Cheers Rob
doctor bob is absolutely right. only opel use that programming which doesnt cost anything. commodores use tech 2 which a auto electrician working for holden can do. i work for a holden parts dealer and i usually sell keys for less than retail at $45 but then there is the cost of having it programmed which is another $40. programming takes around 10 minutes at any holden dealership and can only be done there; therefore the car is needed to be there too. and whoever was asking about the vp key: no you cant get a vr series 2 key onwards key to use for your vp because vp's use mongoose alarm sytems and holden DO NOT sell the keys for these. if you or anyone else would like the name, adress, and phone number of the place that DOES sell them then just ask.

V

VeePeeVagon

Hi I'd like to know who sells the Mongoose remote for VP, so I can have a spare when I lose this one :)
-What is a good price, and are these also a once-only programming deal, for security reasons?
-Does it need to be one of these or will a basic home security remote learn the code?