Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing/replacing window winding mechanism?

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II SS 380rwhp, VZ calais
well today i was fiddling around with the rubber window lining because some of it had been poking out for a while, well i didnt so such a good job and ended up bending the mechanism that winds up the window.

So my question is, has anyone ever removed or replaced this? There are a number of rivets holding it place, with what appear to be immovable metal caps.

I was thinking of drilling out the rivets and when I replace or fix the mechanism, just bolting them in place of the rivets.

any help appreciated, cheers.

Edit: Added Picture

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yep. drill them out, put bolts back in. i used m8's i think theyre called, but m6's should be big enough. if its the back window, you should have it done within an hour. if its the fronts......have fun there lol

edit - i see if is the front door. youll have to take out the window and it can be a real bitch trying to get it back onto the rails

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i've been playing around seeing it I can get it to work, just whacking the window back on the rails but the mechanism is definitely bent, i know what you mean though, it's very frustrating.

hopefully I'll be able to snag the mechanism off a wreck this weekend, the window is currently winding up just on the front rail.

thanks for your help mate.

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
woohooo, fixed it this arvo, removed it and bent the metal back into place a bit, rebolted and she goes well...

although admittedly I was so frustrated by the end of it I almost felt like going on a killing spree :whistling