Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Employee Vehicle Purchase Plan?

Dozols

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hey, I'm thinking of buying another commodore, I heard that I might be able to get a discount because my grandfather worked at holdens for over 40 years before he retired, and I was wondering if anyone knew if this applied to ex-employees.

(from the holden website):

"Holden Vehicle Purchase Plan
Holden is the premier Vehicle manufacturer in Australia – and we want to recognise and reward the efforts of our loyal employees who contribute to our success. Generous discounts are available to eligible employees and their immediate families on the purchase price of new and used Holden vehicles. These bonuses increase for additional years of service."

I know it says immediate family, but my dad would be cool with buying it.

Thanks for any help.

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. First post. :dance:)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Im not too sure if it will apply for ex-employee's.

As far as Holdens policy goes for this however, aslong as the car is "purchased" by the employee, they dont care who drives it, aslong as the car isnt sold for something like 12 months.

The main hanging point will be the eligibility of an ex-employee. Unless he knows somebody who still works for Holden and you could do it that way

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
My dad works at Holden and I can get the discount cos he still works there. You'll find that your grand father can't get you the discount even if he was still working there. Your dad can get it but thats as far as it goes. Because he is retired only he and his wife can get the discount no immediate family deal for retirees. But if he buys it under his name, rego and insure under his name then you can drive it and swap the names over after 12 months, but you'll have to pay stamp duty on it again. Also he has to get a letter (my dad did this for his brother) to get this discount and to get it you need to provide proof of identity and if discount for a family member they also need a proof of identity to show who they are.

P.S Current workers get 35% of RRP not current advertised price. Eg if a SV6 usually costs $36,000 then the discount will apply to that figure not the $30,000 they advertise it for.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah what nick vr said he gets fat discount your grandfather will