Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Itunes

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ok :) op check if u have the files in your my music folder :)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
If you manage to copy all your music to an identical named directory on the new PC you should be able to trick iTunes into using the same play lists and libraries. Do a bit of googling, I think there is a way around it. Have managed to do it when transferring to a new HDD in one machine. There are a few export tools in iTunes as well, some of which may be useful.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Seriously though why bother?

Just copy or cut all your songs from wherever they are now, to wherever you want them.

Drag and drop into iTunes on the new computer. Easy? No need to make it any more complicated

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Bax if it isnt complicating it isnt fun lol

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Seriously though why bother?

Just copy or cut all your songs from wherever they are now, to wherever you want them.

Drag and drop into iTunes on the new computer. Easy? No need to make it any more complicated

If he had the files I'm sure he would have just copied them already and wouldn't have bothered making a thread about it, clearly he doesn't, that's why he's asking how to transfer them from one library to another.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Because when you have dozens of play lists and more than one ipod synched to a machine it is a royal PITA to set up again from scratch.....

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Playlists I can understand, but looking at the original post it's just copying the songs from one computer to another.

I guess when the OP comes back if he says he has playlists or more then one iPod, fair enough go the XML way.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Okay so I sort of confused myself as to what I was asking. What I should have said was that 90% of my ipod music was imported from CD's to itunes and 10% was downloaded and added to itunes. Because I deleted all my downloaded music off of my computer I can only now access the music that was imported from CD's through the itunes folder.

Basically the Itunes program shows all of my music but really only has 90% of it in the itunes folder, which is where I can copy/burn it all from.

I should have asked was there anyway I can just connect my ipod to my new laptop and sync all of my music with my new itunes program? That way I dont have to stuff around with playlists again. And I can recover my downloaded music that I deleted off my computer. Probably wishful thinking.

I have 18gb of music btw.

Thanks