Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone doing gym?

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Ey Fellas

Anyone here decided to re-join up to a gym to get nice en toned for summer or already a member?

If so whats your program? Just gathering a range of ideas, the people i'm with gave me a program and its going well, i go every second day :) Going for my 2nd assessment next week to see if i'm getting results :D

im bettiing you just joined up a gensis?? everyone from melton goes there now lol. i was going until i got full time work, now i have slacked off badly, havent been for a good four weeks. just gotta get motivated and get back into it.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
im bettiing you just joined up a gensis?? everyone from melton goes there now lol. i was going until i got full time work, now i have slacked off badly, havent been for a good four weeks. just gotta get motivated and get back into it.

Bingo mate haha.

Yeah I joined up about 3 weeks ago and I love it there, know a heap of mates who go aswell so always got someone to go with, if not just chuck on the ipod and gym away :)

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah mate i know how you feel. When i first started up i wanted to go EVERY day but ive limited myself now, i go every 2nd day and if im feeling really good ill go 2 days in a row. Family nearly died the other week seeing me eating salad, vegetables and drinking water lol.
Does that feeling every stop ?. Sometimes i feel like i don't want to work out, but fear drives me to get up and do it. I feel like all i have done will fade away if i stop..

I don't mind a salad from time to time, but i love me water and veggies:D.

So you weren't a big fruit and veg guy ?.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Been going for almost a year and a half, gym is fantastic. It makes you feel fantastic.

My program is
Monday: Bi's and tri's, 15-30min+ cardio
Tuesday: Chest, 15-30min+ cardio
Wednesday: Back 15-30min+ cardio
Thursday: Legs, 30+ min cardio, sauna
Friday: Rest. (Rarely i will do a arms session and cardio)
Saturday: Shoulders, 15-30mins+ cardio
Sunday: Rest.
That's very similar to what i currently do, i'm no good with all the names and such, but it sounds similar.
Monday same, Tuesday same, Wednesday i go shoulders back, Thursday same, Friday my fat tummy. Have the weekend off but i like to stretch as my flexibility is poor.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
lol nice. its a pretty awesome gym, heaps better then bodystyle. been thinking of going after work around 7ish. is it packed at that time?

yeah mate between 5:30-8:30 is peak times, i mostly go 6:30am, theres still a few people there in the morning but not as many at night, i tried going at 6pm once but i actually had to wait before i could do a certain exercise, didnt like that lol. I Also go saturday or sunday anytime, noones ever there on the weekends, its always dead.

Does that feeling every stop ?. Sometimes i feel like i don't want to work out, but fear drives me to get up and do it. I feel like all i have done will fade away if i stop..

I don't mind a salad from time to time, but i love me water and veggies:D.

So you weren't a big fruit and veg guy ?.

Haha nah i can't really say that feeling does stop lol. When i first started using creatine before i went thats what got me REALLY into it, being able to work out for close to 2 hours and still wanted to go further is def a good feeling, what made me slow down to every 2nd day was when i went FULL on with everything, did gym for like 2 hours en 30 minutes, woke up the next day and i couldnt move. So that was like a warning i guess lol.

I've always loved my fruit it's the vegies and water i never was really a fan of, like i'd rather eat chips or something like that and drink soft drink instead or even have a beer with dinner. But i've changed the way i eat and drink dramatically, the olds are shocked lol. I rarely eat junk food, i pile the vegies and salad on my plate, and i havent touched alcohol in about 4 weeks now :)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Gym is all well and good, but if people are looking to just "lose weight" and not so much gain muscle, the only good way to do that in my opinion, is jogging / power walking.

It's like when people try and do sit ups to lose beer guts. Won't do much. Only real way to get rid of guts etc, is to jog / run / walk. Of course you need to have a balanced diet too. Otherwise it's just pointless.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
yeh thats its cobez...thats how ive lost my weight so far..overhauled my diet and started eating breakfast..and cardio 3 times a week..running and brisk walk on treadmill and high intensity on the cross/oliptical trainer..

Also weights will help, building muscle helps lose fat aswell because a muscle is like an engine, and the muscles fuel is the fat around it..bigger the muscle the more fat it will burn.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Haha nah i can't really say that feeling does stop lol. When i first started using creatine before i went thats what got me REALLY into it, being able to work out for close to 2 hours and still wanted to go further is def a good feeling, what made me slow down to every 2nd day was when i went FULL on with everything, did gym for like 2 hours en 30 minutes, woke up the next day and i couldnt move. So that was like a warning i guess lol.

I've always loved my fruit it's the vegies and water i never was really a fan of, like i'd rather eat chips or something like that and drink soft drink instead or even have a beer with dinner. But i've changed the way i eat and drink dramatically, the olds are shocked lol. I rarely eat junk food, i pile the vegies and salad on my plate, and i havent touched alcohol in about 4 weeks now :)
2 hours:bow:. My best would be 45min.

I gave up soft drink 2 years ago, i was a 2+ litre bottle a day guy. Now i sip down 4-5 600ml waters and that has been something that not only shocked others but myself most. I swore i would give up many things, but soft drink never.
I'm a little of your opposite, allways been a veggie man just not a fruit guy.