Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All opinions helpful. ss lights on vz

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
I'm talking about people who add exterior differences to their cars to make it look like the better model. It's like buying a Boxter because you can't afford a 911, sure it looks good, but your manlyness will get questioned.

My S is going to be stock untill I can afford the SS ute.

I apologise for my small penis.
So stop looking!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I say Holden got it right the first time around. Why change it?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I'm talking about people who add exterior differences to their cars to make it look like the better model. It's like buying a Boxter because you can't afford a 911, sure it looks good, but your manlyness will get questioned.

My S is going to be stock untill I can afford the SS ute.

I understand what you're saying but it certainly doesn't apply to such a subtle change as this. If he was putting clear altezza's on his car or some after market crap like that then your point would be valid. The fact is he is keeping it genuine and the change is so subtle that most people won't even know the difference.

Like has been mentioned he's not re-badging it as an SS either... so he's not making his car out to be something that it's not.

Major changes such as Clubsport body kits on Executives (or ANYTHING that isn't HSV for that matter) I HATE! They just look tacky and more often than not don't have the grunt to back up the aggressive look of the car.

EDIT: Also... I thought VY's were the last model that came as an S Pack, and were replaced by the SV6 badge on the VZ's. Was that not the case for ute's?

Ruzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6 & E36 318i
don't like front ss lights! Rears are alright some holden reckers sell them and you can get a bit back for your current ones or just smoke your current ones with paint or film!

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Mate, ill can think of better things to spend $300 other than taillights!

Brake upgrade
Exhaust
Tint
etc...........

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
EDIT: Also... I thought VY's were the last model that came as an S Pack, and were replaced by the SV6 badge on the VZ's. Was that not the case for ute's?

Nah, I looked it up. The VZ SV6 with the 190 alloytec only comes in a sedan. But the S 175 alloytec Ute still has a better power to weight ratio. Not too good in the corners though.

daneSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeh good point juzz, just scared of it looking cheap.
... Also i have already tinted the windows, 20" supersports, SS catback exhaust, ss inductions gauge holder, lowered, 2 hole mod+ k&n air filter & painted brake calipers.

I would put up some photos, just dont know how yet... :p
.. if its simple, let me know how

keep it coming guys

daneSV6

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Are the SS tail lights any different to the SV6?? I know the headlights are, but the tail lights look the same to me :p