Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 hole and k&n

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
i just finished the 2hole mod and a K&N fillter put in.
i dont feel any performance but more responsive and from a standing start sounds mean! but only for a second. id still recomend it.

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
wonder how well the increased air flow setup prevents increased dirt flow

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
well if the filters full of dust within a week ill let you no.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Good stuff mate,

Did u install the MCAI (monaro cold air intake) shroud?
It sits in front of the airbox, you will have to do abit of trimming to get it to fit!

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
i saw a disturbing video about how much dirt and sh!t the K&N filters (and a lot of other aftermarket ones) let thru... IMO ur better off staying with the stock ones...

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
All filters will let through dirt but there is a level that will not harm your motor, what that is i dont know but i would think that you would be shocked

Even when your getting surgery the air is filtered to 99.9% and cost a hell of a lot more then your $130k&N or paper filter

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
havent found a shroud yet. any advise on how to get one? i spoke to som1 to holden over the phone and they had no idea what i was talking about.
and about the dirt getting thu, im sure im not the only one with a k&n and i havent heard of any1 having probs with it. and the ****in thing cost me $90 bucks, you would think it cost that much for a reason.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Technical Articles: Debunking the K&N Myth - Why OEM is Better
Air Filtration Test

A couple of good reads. Enough to convince me to stick with paper.

havent found a shroud yet. any advise on how to get one? i spoke to som1 to holden over the phone and they had no idea what i was talking about.
and about the dirt getting thu, im sure im not the only one with a k&n and i havent heard of any1 having probs with it. and the ****in thing cost me $90 bucks, you would think it cost that much for a reason.

Keep searching, people have posted part numbers for the MCAI shroud.

As for the K&N thing, dirt getting into your engine isn't something you'd notice immediately, and even when you did you probably wouldn't link it to your air filter. Basically all the particle matter you're letting into your engine is acting like sandpaper, creating additional wear. The larger the dirt particles, and the larger the volume, the more wear you'll have.