Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New budget motorsport coming to adelaide

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
Hello everyone,

Just putting the word out :- there is a new form of motor sport starting close to Adelaide in the near future, with a track currently being built at Dutton aprox 85 km from the cbd . If you haven't heard of Dirt circuit, it is the cheapest form of organised motor sport in S.A and also one of the largest with over 300 cars competeing. Dirtcircuit is a truly unique sport which combines elements from many motor sports :- the sideways action of drift, speedway & rally, the straight line speed of the drags and the driving techniques of circuit racing. There are currently 9 specially constructed dirt circuit tracks in regonal South Australia that range in length from 700m to 1000m. Features of the tracks include chicanes, hairpins, sweepers, long and short straights ect... . Track layouts allow most cars to hit top speeds of between 140-200 kph. Tracks are constructed of clay, limestone or an oil impregnated surface. . Racing is run with up to 10 cars competing in 6 lap sprint races, in both directions. Every driver participates in 5 races per meeting including a 10 lap allcomers race. In all classes there is a aprox 30+ races per meeting. Due to the racing format a car can have two drivers, which halves the cost of racing if you build a car with a mate. Kids as young as 10 can drive in restricted childerens races.

The classes are as follows :-

New standard class :- VN -VR and equivelant falcons. No mods allowed ( Cars can be built for $1000 or less in this class )

Street stock :- Carby cars up to 4.2 L (253ci), valiants, falcons, commodores ect.. . Mods:- 350 cfm carbies, aftermarket cams and extractors, original engine position and no fibre glass panels.

Modified saloon :- Anything goes in this class :- Steel bodied cars , space frames, fibre glass bodys, standard, mid or rear mounted engines, turbos, blowers, injection, any vehicle engine combo eg :- 400 ci chev mid mounted in a Datsun 180 B ( don't laugh there are a few v8 powerded datsuns out there ). Cars in this class range from cheap wrecking yard racers to 600+ hp ,supercharged, spaced framed sedans and yes the 100 hp cars do occasionally battle it out in the same race with the 600hp cars. This class caters for all budgets again a car could bee built for less than $1000.

Open wheelers :- Again anything goes. No restrictions on engines, running gear ect.. . This class allows you to build a unique chassis / race car of your own design. Many cars run mid mounted V8s, auto transmissions, 9" diff or irs. There are now alot of turbo jap cars being built to give the v8's a run for thier money. These cars normally weigh between 600kg - 1000kg, so even with a standard engine you can achieve a great power to weight ratio. Its not unheard of for people to build cars exceeding a v8 supercar power to weight ratio for much less than $10k.

Here's the best part, subs for the year costs only $20-00 per driver, there is a $10 nomination fee for each race meeting and we don't charge an arm or a leg to spectate :- Adults entery fee is only $5-00 at the gate . There will be a total of nine race meetings a year at the new club, but if you have the time you could race every weekend at any of the other 9 tracks. Each year there are 2 rounds of the State championships which is rotated between clubs.

If any one in the Metro area is interested in racing dirt circuit, we can volunteer experienced drivers to help you build a car and even source cheap materials and parts to get you out on the track. If you want any other information please call Matt on 0447739992 or email [email protected] . There will be a free open day at the track later this year or early 2010 before we officilly start racing in April 2010. We should have a good mixture of all types of cars racing and on display. I will put another post up when I have a firm date for the open day.

Cheers Matt Stirling

Here a few pictures :-

DSC_0020.jpg

130.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

052StreetStocks.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

ptWhyallaPits017.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

owWhyalla-Racing139.jpg

dWhyallaPractise017.jpg

ptWhyallaPits039.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

modsPtLincoln021.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

1Whyalla001640x480.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Whyalla011640x480.jpg

DSC_0121_edited.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Picture246.jpg

DSC_0123_edited.jpg

Picture002.jpg

DSC_0163_edited.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Picture296.jpg

Picture282.jpg

modscropptlincoln029.jpg

modsPtLincoln027.jpg

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Nothing to do with Cruises...moved to motorsport section.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
This should keep the SA guys happy, at last they have their precious circuit :whistling;)

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
Nothing to do with Cruises...moved to motorsport section.
No worries, I didn't see this section.

This should keep the SA guys happy, at last they have their precious circuit :whistling;)

I think it is definatly going to fill a gap for the people who want to compete in a competative motorsport but can't justifiy the huge costs involved with most other forms of racing. It should do very well being close to the metro area concidering regonal SA racemeetings attract up to 100 cars.

Anyone interest can also check out www.dirtcircuitsa.com

53cr3t

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Sv8
Looks interesting!

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
We now have rule books for anyone who would like to go racing the cost is $10. Check out the videos below and you will realise how close and competitive the racing is. Cars are cheap to build. We are currently building up a mid mounted 1jz Toyota powered open wheeler which will hopefully be ready in early 2011. Just for a bit of fun until the openwheeler is finished we are building up a cheap xf street stock, our budget is $700 and because I am racing with a mate it means I will be hitting the track next year for a total cost of $350. If you have mechanical and welding skills it is quite achievable to build a budget racer for well under $1000. We are quite happy to help anyone who would like to build a car. Come on guys this is a great chance to compete in competitive motor racing at a fraction of the price of any other motor sport in S.A at the moment.

Cheers
Matt 0447739992

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WETp-CIh98I STREET STOCK NIGHT MEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdXdF-HD2k MODIFIEDS NIGHT MEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPz1vBImpPI IN CAR STREET STOCK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1Ycq8TfZ0 ROXBY DOWNS DIRTCIRCUIT. 200KPH RACING

Last edited:

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
I've got mates with a farm out near dutton, where abouts will it be in relation to the town?

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
I've got mates with a farm out near dutton, where abouts will it be in relation to the town?

Here is a map and a few recent pictures of the track (still being developed). The track is approx 3 km from Dutton. If anyone is interested to come and have a look at what we are doing you are more than welcome. We are taking members and holding working bees every fortnight between now and march / April 2010, when we plan to start racing.

Cheers
Matt.

TRUROMAP2.jpg

Photo0070.jpg

Photo0024.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0075.jpg