Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can you get fined based on a report

vx aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1 or s2 not sure
hey everyone,

out of curiosity, if someone was drifting or sliding however you put it, can a pedestrian or another driver get your number plate etc and inform the police. if so, can the police fine you or even remove demerit points based on a report?

thanks

vx aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahahaha mayby. nah just curious. and in SA my good man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL GTS
Dont believe so. They may possible pay you a visit and give you a warning or somesuch.

I'm in NZ and when I was 15 and on my restricted liscense (same as your P's I believe) I had a cop come and tell my mum her car had been sited doing handbrake slides in a gravel carpark, lol.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
vx aiden,

Not too sure about SA, but here in Vic, if there's a statement then yes it's very possible. It all depends on the officer and their discression. Also previous offences can be looked at.

However, if you submit a false statement and they find out, be prepared to cop a fine over it :p

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yeah in SA it's possible. A few mates have lost their licences from being caught doing donuts in isolated intersections early hours of the morning. A member of the public dobbed them in, cops caught up with them the next day. They went to court and lost their licence for 6 months.

vx aiden

Reaction score
Members Ride
my situation, was wet round about, in all honosty my back end slid out accidently, though i was more then happy at the time haha a car was driving towards the round about and drove behind and past me. and also a pedestrian saw me. if anythings comes of what happened i deserve it really need to get it together hahaha

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If no one saw it, then it didnt happen. Just remember that :)