Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr commodore auto to manual

kylej

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive s2
Hi guys i was just wondering whats needed to put a 5 speed manual to put into my vr s2 and what changes do i need to do to the wireing harness or what do i have to raplace on the harness to make it all run sweet and also what do i need to change on the computer/ecu

thanks all regards kyle

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
The ECU is totally different, no auto commands or cam angle sensor needed. So you are better off getting a VN - VR manual engine loom for the engine and equivalent ECU.

You will not be able to run the current VR auto ECU!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can run the auto ecu with all the error codes turned off and get away with it .sometimes get the odd stalling issue when pulling up to a stop which you can stop by turning the idle screw up a bit.but its best to fit a manual ecu which for vr is near impossible to find so you use a vn ecu and loom instead then the ecu will have a speed sensor input and makes it much happier

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
OK, you can believe this guy ^.

PS, I got a factory VR V6 man ECU in my Hilux!

dk4400

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 UTE
Is it a T-bar auto or a column auto at the moment?

kylej

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive s2
she is a t bar auto.
delcowizzard i found a vs series 2 commodore but the previous old bat owner cooked the motor i was wondering if i can rip the 5 speed and running gear out and bolt it upto mine with its wireloom and computer. would i have any issues at all what do u think

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
you cant use a VS engine loom and computer on a VR, different engines.. you need a VN-VR engine loom and computer.. of which i have :)