Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6 or Calais ?

Which car would you choose

• Total voters

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hey guys ,

Ive been thinking its time for an update from the vs

and Ive sorta narrowed it down to 2 sorta cars

Ether the VZ sv6 or calais v6 (still on P plates)

Which is better then the other ?
I know that they have like the same 190kw engine and that

but what would people choose based on the 2 ?

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
depends on budget, needs etc, if you can source an sv6 with all the fittings of a calais then go for that, sv6 has stiffer suspension and spoiler etc if your after that

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
depends what you want it for, for more luxury, get the calais because it has all the nifty things like climate control etc. if performance, id look elsewhere than a vz...

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Not really after leather seats or duel zone climate control , so there not really a big deal

More oriented to performance

Btw , will be getting a raptor kit or turbo for it when P's are up so thats a factor to play too

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
there is no real performance difference that i know of other than suspension wise, so it comes down to whether you are looking for the extra luxuries from the calais, or to save money with the sv6

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Not really after leather seats or duel zone climate control , so there not really a big deal

More oriented to performance

Btw , will be getting a raptor kit or turbo for it when P's are up so thats a factor to play too

before you settle down on the trusty old alloytec i suggest you speak to those who have tried modifying them.. a lot of money has been spent with very little reward, if your chasing super peformance, take my word for it, there are better motors to be spent on... i know no one like to hear it, me also, but get a V8 first up! better bang for buck.

This also includes the raptor kit. qouted 235kw lucky to find 200kw. You will be chasing your tail...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
out of the two sv6 or calais, spend the $$ on a calais, having owned a sv6 myself, i think the calais are much more luxury, unless u want manual, yet again, the manual gearbox aint to crash hot either lol...

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
deff what impulsive said, out of the 2, id just get the sv6, looks nicer IMO, but really up to you, they both have the same performance, depends what looks nicer to you

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
before you settle down on the trusty old alloytec i suggest you speak to those who have tried modifying them.. a lot of money has been spent with very little reward, if your chasing super peformance, take my word for it, there are better motors to be spent on... i know no one like to hear it, me also, but get a V8 first up! better bang for buck.

This also includes the raptor kit. qouted 235kw lucky to find 200kw. You will be chasing your tail...

I'd love to get a v8 , but still have to wait 2 years till im off my p's lol . And im over the ecotec too lol , so wanting to move up hmmmmm, im not really to sure lol

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy

Description Pro Street Intercooled
Eng Kw 270 - 345
Wheel KW 205 - 235
Psi boost 9psi
% Power gain 55
Price POA

Last edited: