Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LthlThrt's Lethal VT - VZ SS Front Ended

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
yea mate, i know all about that i had my drivers side guard undercoated ready for painting for 8 months, never got round to it. how bad is the bonnet?

its pretty bad, like clear coat is non-existent, hopefully i'll stumble a cross the paint or a bonnet the same colour lol

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Did you have neons installed in the dog as well? haha
i just saw this part, i dont think i replied to it before, but anyway, no i did not, he was my shift supervisor haha
cant wait for this to be painted and lowered !!
every time i see it come up its the first thing i click on, Get it painted already :)
it will be mad
haha thanks for the encouragement mate, fitted my skirts up today, need to do some modification at the front so it sits good with the guard, also got my springs today, so they will be going in soon, and seeing as you are going to open this up first ill try to get a photo up on every post i make lol.
its pretty bad, like clear coat is non-existent, hopefully i'll stumble a cross the paint or a bonnet the same colour lol
oww not good, dont try to redo the clear, a mate on here tried and it didnt work as planned, hopefully you come accross a bonnet of the same colour cause that way the bonnet will blend in, where as the new fresh paint, will stand out.

Had to get the VX SS skirts as the VT clubby ones are impossible to get and i dont wanna go fibreglass, also the superlow springs i got are out of a VU ute, this should be good
Pics:
100_5485.jpg

100_5489.jpg

Im also uploading some pics of a cruise i went on the day i landed back in brissie, so ill post those up after dinner when they are finished.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Where are the cruise pics :p haha

Finally have a side skirt :thumbsup: but whats the deal with the rear end for sale?

How soon till the springs are in!?!

haha i am on the internet kiosksso ill put the pics up when i get home on saturday arvo,after the materxmas cruise,
originally i was getting vt clubby side skirts but seeing as they are impossibleto find and very costly,i hadto revert back tomy origanl idea of vx ss rear bar and side skirts, also a bit cheaper as well in case anything goes wrong ie; someone rear ends me, i only have 3rd party lol, cant afford to replace a genuine clubby bumper, springs will porbably be in on sunday or monday now as i dont have any tools at the coast :(
anyway ill update you guys ASAP

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
haha i am on the internet kiosksso ill put the pics up when i get home on saturday arvo,after the materxmas cruise,
originally i was getting vt clubby side skirts but seeing as they are impossibleto find and very costly,i hadto revert back tomy origanl idea of vx ss rear bar and side skirts, also a bit cheaper as well in case anything goes wrong ie; someone rear ends me, i only have 3rd party lol, cant afford to replace a genuine clubby bumper, springs will porbably be in on sunday or monday now as i dont have any tools at the coast :(
anyway ill update you guys ASAP

Haha fun. Ah true,good luck with it :thumbsup: the updated pics will be good then haha

booders9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
So are you going to get a VX SS rear bar?
This is going to look soo nice once its done :)

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
100_5460.jpg

100_5450.jpg

didnt get many photos of my car, but i thought id throw in a photo of Jeff's and a movie i got whilst driving
here is a link tot eh rest of the album
Pictures by LthlThrt - Photobucket

Updates:
I am no longer lowering my car as the spring i purchased arent the right type. so they will be getting returned on thursday, also i havent had any luck getting my clubsport bar sold so that wil be going on ebay soon, once that is sold ill be getting a vx ss rear bar. also ALL plans for the car are on hold for now until i have had the entire car serviced and fixed, i was on my way home on xmas eve (those of you that i have on facebook will have already known this) when my car broke down i beleive i need a new radiator and coolant system, also this is new to everyone, but when my car broke down, this is what happened.... i was driving along, music going, dimister on high, wipers on high, and all every light at the front of my car lit up except for the high beams.... al of a sudden my music stopped and the headdeck started to eject itself like when the car is turned off, then it came back on and started playing music again, then my dimister slowed down and my wipers as well and my music turned off again and my lights went off as well... and my car was stil driving... so pulled over and limped home from smith street motor way to forest lake at 60km/h with only my wipers on and my parkers and foglights on, windows were down music was off, i had no shirt on so i could wipe the glass so i now have an awesome cold and a sore throat cause i was talking to myself for 3 hours to keep me awake. i also needed to stop and refil my coolant up every 15 mins as well.. i got burnt a bit lol.

so yea i just thought i would share with everyone, i was so close to stripping my car to standard and setting it on fire that night... still considering it

Also, thank you for the kind words of encouragement guys, much appreciated
I've also noticed that all my photos that i attached thoruhg the forum on previous pages have been removed so it looks like i will have to relink my photos haha, looking forward to that

Last edited:

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
ok so here is my dilema all, i dont have enough time or money to finish this project before i go overseas for a while for work, so i am going to revert my vz front end back to the original vt front end, which is really tearing me apart but it has to be done unfortunatley, also because my front bumper keep falling off on the left side because it isnt properly fitted up, or i might go to a vx ss or similar... but my next project will be done alot better and alot quicker. on a positive note though i have worked out all the engine dramas except for the electrical dramas which somehow mysteriously fixed themselves... hmmm... at least it works now though

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey mate i had the same issue with the stezza goin off and all the dash lights comin on while headin to nsw 2 months ago..... once i got down there i took it to my mates workshop and it was the battery terminals corroded and even when they were done up tight u could still twist them off.... new terminals and a good clean and it hasnt done it since... did it close to 10 times from ballina to yamba...

hey if u go back to a vt rear bar i have a manta lip sittin here that i wanna sell... if not a mate has a vt ss kit in bermuda blue that he wants to sell... bars included.. pm me if ur interested