Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding Margin to be axed.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Well, yes, with the way things stand at the moment try driving at 58km/h or thereabouts and you will have some aggressor up your bumper pushing you to do 63km/h. But pull the tolerance back and Im sure some of this antisocial behaviour will lapse.

Homocide, gay murders?

Lol, I'll pay that.

In regards to the aggressors that tailgate to get people going faster. Safe to say they have no regards for safety or road laws in the first instance, what makes you think the zero tolerance law with be the one they decide to abide by?

People who currently break the laws will keep breaking the laws. This law will just widening the revenue net. Nothing to do with road safety or saving lives. Purely a financially motivated decision.

That's my opinion anyway.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
More speedo checks i say.

Car makers set their speedometers out for a reason ?. and then if you ad larger rims tyres and don't have your speedo recalibrated and get fined. it's your fault. last time mine was checked it was basically 99% accurate. not much breathing room. but my responsibly as i have 1" larger tyres than came on it.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Everyone is missing the point of speed limits, If it says 60 then that means 60 or less and not a requirement that you have to do 60. Don't get me wrong as I think this zero tolerance is going too far and just plain revenue raising and as for fitting bigger tyres to your car putting out your speedo you don't even need to do that, the difference in a brand new tyre to a half worn tyre would put your speedo out enough for you to get done with this zero tolerance crap.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Lol, I'll pay that.

In regards to the aggressors that tailgate to get people going faster. Safe to say they have no regards for safety or road laws in the first instance, what makes you think the zero tolerance law with be the one they decide to abide by?

People who currently break the laws will keep breaking the laws. .

technically doing 63km/h is currently breaking the law, but they arent getting pinned for it so they keep breaking that law. But if they start getting pinned for 61km/h then my guess is that it will change the behaviour of many. Also basing it on generally the ones that do the aggressor thing go past and then stick on 63km/h or thereabouts rather than tearing off at 80km/h+

Bryce_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
I don't really mind. I know where the speed cameras are, and I'll do at least 5ks under the limit. Otherwise I'll sit just above the limit like EVERYONE ELSE. In the back streets its not uncommon to go 20 over.. but really, i wouldn't do anything silly. if there's any hazard i see then i slow down. say im coming home at 12 at night after a shift in streets and i roll down a hill at 7, does anyone think Im an idiot?School zones=40, no exceptions. See a copper=Slam the brakes. See a mate, give him 'the look' (lulz.. not really) We have been speeding by 2km anyway (ie 65 in a 60 zone) so what difference does it make, Im still gonna go 65 when theres minimal chance of police.

Still, they're revenue raising bastards.
Please God give us a competent government.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
the difference in a brand new tyre to a half worn tyre would put your speedo out enough for you to get done with this zero tolerance crap.

nope, the speedo is calibrated to be correct or overread when the tyres are new, as they wear they get smaller, making the speedo further overread.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I don't really mind. I know where the speed cameras are, and I'll do at least 5ks under the limit. Otherwise I'll sit just above the limit like EVERYONE ELSE. In the back streets its not uncommon to go 20 over.. but really, i wouldn't do anything silly. if there's any hazard i see then i slow down. say im coming home at 12 at night after a shift in streets and i roll down a hill at 7, does anyone think Im an idiot?School zones=40, no exceptions. See a copper=Slam the brakes. See a mate, give him 'the look' (lulz.. not really) We have been speeding by 2km anyway (ie 65 in a 60 zone) so what difference does it make, Im still gonna go 65 when theres minimal chance of police.

Still, they're revenue raising bastards.
Please God give us a competent government.

Generalizing much? I don't speed on purpose. I sit on the speed limit, and if its a nice straight road without much traffic, cruise control does it for me. And 20km/h over on backroads, the most likely roads to hit a pedestrian, moronic behavior at its finest.

Also, "see a copper = slam the brakes", I hate people who do that so much, stupid thing to do, and dangerous.

Bryce_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
yes i made a generalisation.
You're one of those rare 'good drivers' that we hardly ever see nowadays. 20km over is an exaggeration haha. more like 10. personally, if something runs out right in front of me, im probably going to hit it regardless of the speed im doing, unless im doing like 30km...
Also, "see a copper = slam the brakes" EVERYONE does it! You can't tell me when you go past a police car on the highway that everyone in front of you has their brake lights on.. not so much slamming the brakes, but slowing down

My point is: People who speed are still going to speed. Thoughts?