Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap cheap effective mods for ecotec???

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
VL-187 said:
wot does gear changes do?
and wot r roller rockers?

sorry 4 dumb questions lol
gear changes, i assume you mean diff gear changes. changing the ratio of your differential is basically increases or decreases the tractive effort of your car. how many turns of your tailshaft to one full rotation of your wheel. the higher the ratio of your diff i.e the higher the number 3.86, 4.11, the easier it is for your car to turn the wheels. the only downside is the higher you go, the more top end speed you lose, so effectively you have to rev your car more to get the speed out of it. there are a few different types of roller rockers, you can have roller pedestals which are on the ecotecs and rockers with roller tips.............

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
burnz said:
actualy the v6 allmost puts out twice the amount of hp then the 6tvl

i presume you are talking about the VL Turbo 6. stock it put out 150kw at the fly, the next 6cyl motor to put out that much power stock was the VS S/C V6 which was 165kw's. the na ecotec was 147kws. lets not bring the alloytec into it, it's a totally different motor with potential.

if you put a boost controller on a stock VLT for $50 you would have 200kw's at the fly.

so yes the ecotec is an out of date P.O.S push rod motor, but i like it.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
VLT6 are a wannabe rice boys dream car.. they dont match up to a nice ecotec... and the only thing a VL driver floggs is his long tom..

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
oh i see, lol!!! you guys were just trying to roll me up hehehehehe!!!
but yeah in all seriousness, nissan motors can't be laughed at. they have the technology the bastards. if only holden could get a sniff of it.

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS v6 3.8, 76 LX and VT SS gen3
dude 2500 go to v6supercharged.com there is a set of rollerrockers for like 700 which are 1:9:1 which will change your camspec good 17 at the wheels alot beter then some crappy exhaust (depending on how game you are im putting mine on my self ) MSD coils 1 KW at the wheels
thats about as much as an exhaustthere about 300 bucks,get some decent leads
thats a grand
1500 id change to a lsd dif if you havent got one or convert her to manual
hell change the sespention or fly to broom for a week your choice

OH and get a kn

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
rockers are actually $895 heheheh
you should be able to get a redback zorst for $240
extractors for $600
leads for $50
and a lsd diff with new lower ratio will be about $1500, realistically.
thats if your lucky will be good for 150rwkw or 200rwhp.

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS v6 3.8, 76 LX and VT SS gen3
lying bastards i have street commodores issue 102 infront of me and it says $795
and 150 at the wheels with nothing effecting fuel economy, besides his choice in dif ratio is F**8 ace

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
yeah, it takes a few months to get it through, they only changed the price a few moths ago, check out street commodores.com they have a sponsorship on there. if u wanna know anything about there stuff just ask them

personally i'll be going the yella terra 1.8 roller rockers, i go with what i know thats all, i had a set of RR on my vr and worked well.