Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
Yes:

You made this statement that I asked you to back up with figures. Pasting statements from previous posts is a nice attempt at evading the answer though.

No, you said OP (Original Post). The original post was the one that used the term "Fatal Crash". Are you confusing yourself or something?

If you weren't ok with it then you wouldn't be carrying on then would you? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Put it out there then, do you think it's ok to have a car 10db over the legal limit?

I'm not carrying on about exhaust noise, I disagree with defect fines - which has been my gripe the whole time.

I'm not going to sit here and say whether or not I think having a loud car is OK because as I've said before, I don't care and it doesn't bother me.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
No, you said OP (Original Post). The original post was the one that used the term "Fatal Crash". Are you confusing yourself or something?

Face it, we both know you cannot provide what I am asking so instead of admitting it you are avoiding it by referring to your other post. I pasted your quote asking for stats on your claim that the bulk of accidents are caused from hooning and drink driving. When you were unable to provide this, you chose to quote stats from another post of yours, one I hadn't quoted.

Everyday there are many accidents on the roads, most minor ones that are not reported through to more serious ones causing injury and death. Personally I believe that most of the accidents are caused by inattentive drivers, inexperienced drivers, and people driving too close to the car in front. I see rear enders and chain collisions for instance quite often in my travels. Probably most reading this post will either have been involved in a vehicle accident or know someone that has. How many of those were caused by hooning or drink driving?

Enough of this anyway, back to the OT.

There are lots of old rust buckets on SA roads as we do not have mandatory testing of vehicles annually. I believe this should be introduced here to get those extremely dangerous vehicles off the road. It would also prevent vehicles from getting to that point as defects etc. would be discovered so the owner is forced to fix rather that let it worsen over time to the point of making a car outright dangerous.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Personally I believe that most of the accidents are caused by inattentive drivers, inexperienced drivers, and people driving too close to the car in front. I see rear enders and chain collisions for instance quite often in my travels. Probably most reading this post will either have been involved in a vehicle accident or know someone that has. How many of those were caused by hooning or drink driving?

shouldn't you back this up with some statistics like you have been asking the other poster to do?

so far it is just your personal opinion that these things cause most accidents
just like it is his opinion that hooning and drink driving cause most accidents

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
shouldn't you back this up with some statistics like you have been asking the other poster to do?

so far it is just your personal opinion that these things cause most accidents
just like it is his opinion that hooning and drink driving cause most accidents

Lol but she never claimed facts mate, Read her post. It states "Personally I believe".

where 1tufvs is claiming facts.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Didn't bother reading the replies, but adding a fine for defects is stupid if the people issuing the defects dont actually KNOW for sure what defects are. If they'll offer refunds of fines when its proven your car isn't defectable, or the only people that are able to issue defects are trained personnel (TSA inspectors) then i'll be all for it.

Until then, it is just revenue raising!

1TUFVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
Everyday there are many accidents on the roads, most minor ones that are not reported through to more serious ones causing injury and death. Personally I believe that most of the accidents are caused by inattentive drivers, inexperienced drivers, and people driving too close to the car in front.

So if you agree with what I've said, why are you whinging for statistics? If it bothers you that much, I'll rephrase.

I BELIEVE that accidents are caused by the more obvious causes such as hoon driving, drink driving and careless driving (Not irresponsible driving, I'm talking about not paying attention, texting whilst driving etc).

In my opinion, you could throw someone into a rusting TE Gemini and then throw them into a VE Calais and they'd make it through the day without an accident in either.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I'm not carrying on about exhaust noise, I disagree with defect fines - which has been my gripe the whole time.

I'm not going to sit here and say whether or not I think having a loud car is OK because as I've said before, I don't care and it doesn't bother me.

This is a load of ****. Name one fatal crash that was caused by a car with wheels 1" too big, or 10db too loud.

Cops are going to have a field day pulling people over, be careful..

Doesn't sound like your complaining about defect fines to me, it comes across as you thinking loud cars are ok. A lot of back pedaling going on here!

1TUFVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
Doesn't sound like your complaining about defect fines to me, it comes across as you thinking loud cars are ok. A lot of back pedaling going on here!

Read the first post - it wasn't my initial point, I was just answering your question.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
As I said, you made it sound like you think wheels 1" too big and cars 10db too loud are ok. There's no problem with what you thoughts are, just stop trying to back pedal when others question you.

Status
Not open for further replies.