Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14YO Boy arrested carrying drugs in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So if the law is totally inhumane, irrational, unjust and unfair it doesn’t matter? It’s just enough that it is a law?

lol, i guess if you find the laws in another country so bad you simply do not go. How is wanting zero tolerance on drugs for everyone a bad thing? Australia could learn a lot from this instead of providing injection rooms and wanting drugs decriminalised.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
lol, i guess if you find the laws in another country so bad you simply do not go. How is wanting zero tolerance on drugs for everyone a bad thing? Australia could learn a lot from this instead of providing injection rooms and wanting drugs decriminalised.
The law would actually work.....
if it didnt only work on australians
Tell me how many of them get locked up for drugs please
You couldnt tell me

Apparently in there eyes
The Guy who planned the Bali Bombing who killed Tons of australians
Is a KING...

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
You wont see me disagree on alcohol, its a shame prohibition failed.

The effect of pot in the 60s and 70s may have been peace, but modern hydroponics and strains can produce pot with THC content in excess of 30%, compared to the stuff I admit I smoked in the 70s, which had a THC content of between 2-4%.

Hydroponic pot can and increasingly does (as the stuff just gets stronger and stronger) aggravate the condition for anyone who is predisposed to schizophrenia... and thats a lot more people than you may think. Sure, they might be peaceful when on the stuff, but when they run out, the mood swings, paranoia and desperation to feed their addiction kicks in. This is absolute proven medical fact, so dont even try to defend that one.

Schizophrenics are NOT usually peaceful people when they have a psychotic episode. I've personal experience with a family member who is a pot-induced schizophrenic and I can assure you he isnt fun to be around when he is losing it.

That doesnt even take into account the proven loss of IQ for regular smokers, the total lack of motivation it causes, the loss of any drive, initiative or work ethic that comes with the 'wow man look at the pretty lights' thing.

A song from a stoner, admitting what its done to his life. Most of you just stick your head in the sand and think it doesnt apply to you.
That is a **** song.
I know people who have used an abused dope. I smoked a few joints and it did nothing so I gave up trying. I drink and have since I was 17 or so. People I know who have smoked have mostly stopped or gotten through it un scathed. There are others that didn’t. Drinkers I know likewise. There is no uniform rule. Life is what we want to do with it. Much of what we do, if done to excess, is harmful to us and maybe to others. Much of what we do that is potentially harmful is pretty cool if not done to excess. If we are to eliminate everything that is potentially harmful when we may make our lives so boring we may not want to live them. It’s all a balancing act with a bit of luck thrown in. And those in positions of power who make laws to protect us get it wrong just about as often as they get it right. So I don’t trust them.

If I catch my kids with the stuff, they will WANT to go to a Bali jail, because life around me wont be much fun for them I can promise you.
If you have kids you would know how stupid that statement is.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The law would actually work.....
if it didnt only work on australians
Tell me how many of them get locked up for drugs please
You couldnt tell me

I cannot tell you, I do not have access to their crime stats. Obviously you must know the answer as from your insinuations it is only Australians doing the crimes. If that is the case doe snot say much for our country does it?

Apparently in there eyes
The Guy who planned the Bali Bombing who killed Tons of australians
Is a KING...

It is THEIR not there...sheesh

As for the bali bomber, he is a god amongst many muslims across the world. He is frowned upon by many balinese.

Regardless of anything, if you do not buy or carry drugs in Bali you WILL NEVER have a problem. If you are stupid enough to do so you deserve every punishment you get breaching their laws. How is this so hard to comprehend? I am guessing some people have been pot heads for just a little too long.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
quote from 88: "... cops interviewed him with out parents - case dead."

How so ? They caught him in possession: they don't need a confession; so it doesn't matter what he says, or doesn't say; they can prove their case by the evidence of the search.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
How is wanting zero tolerance on drugs for everyone a bad thing?
they are anything but zero tolerance. as i said earlier, he's most likely in jail for failing to grease their palms. drug dealing, or more specifically shaking down foreign customers of drug dealers is big business for the local police.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
quote from 88: "... cops interviewed him with out parents - case dead."
lol. i'd imagine it would go something like..

"your honour mr bambam hotman paris yudyonoo, under article blah-blah-blah, you must dismiss the case and release the prisoner"

"no."

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
I cannot tell you, I do not have access to their crime stats. Obviously you must know the answer as from your insinuations it is only Australians doing the crimes. If that is the case doe snot say much for our country does it?

It is THEIR not there...sheesh

As for the bali bomber, he is a god amongst many muslims across the world. He is frowned upon by many balinese.

Regardless of anything, if you do not buy or carry drugs in Bali you WILL NEVER have a problem. If you are stupid enough to do so you deserve every punishment you get breaching their laws. How is this so hard to comprehend? I am guessing some people have been pot heads for just a little too long.

So what about one of my family members that went there about 6months ago?
Went for a ride on the jetski..
Came back with guns held to there head saying they damaged the jet ski (witch they didnt...)if they didnt pay them
We would have never seen them ever again
What law should this be classed under
They were not carrying drugs.
They where lucky to buy there way out of trouble

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
They were set up? Sure, local cops knew about them and advised the Indonesians, but they made the decision to carry the drugs, the local cops didn't force them to.
Our feds knew and informed the Indonesians so they got caught there. They could have arrested them here and dealt with Australians under Australian laws. I don’t want them to get off. I just don’t want them killed.
Why is it any different? Because previous governments, including Keating,and Hawke Labor, worked hard to establish solid and effective relations with Indonesia and other SE Asian and Pacific governments.
When it suited us. Until we became the United States' "deputy sheriffs". Those countries think of us as a joke. Keating may have had the right idea but even he offended them. The recalcitrants at least.
Take off those rose tinted glasses. Labor is f***ing incompetent when it comes to foreign relations. Gillard has admitted to having no interest in the subject and Rudd is still working on his United Nations seat if he can't get back into Boganville.
Get real. I, more than almost anyone here am able to see past political ideology. My comments are made to question the lamentable right wing sycophancy that seems to flourish unchallenged in this thread. And the ridiculous presumption that the alternative to the current, incompetent, insincere, deceitful mob we currently have are fundamentally any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.