Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Megaupload shut down

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
A song is nothing but bits. I can copy a full album in under 5 minutes with little to no effort. You can't do that with a car.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
A song is nothing but bits. I can copy a full album in under 5 minutes with little to no effort. You can't do that with a car.

What the #### does copy time have to do with the argument?

Its still stealing when you get down to the roots.

Problem is, I dont care. I download most the TV shows I watch because a) they are either months behind here or b) dont air at all (on pay or free tv).

I download movies, if I didnt, I wouldnt hire the dvd. I wouldnt buy it from some online downloader. I rarely if ever actually go to the movies. So you arent missing out on my profit.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yep 90% of the movies I have downloaded are rubbish anyway, I would never have bought them/payed to see them to begin with so they have not lost any profit from me either. Well TV shows on the other hand well thats my thing and I would pay for an AMC or HBO channel on foxtel (I already pay the maximum foxtel cost), but yet I still have to wait years for seasons of my favourite shows to appear on tv (dexter, the walking dead, hell on wheels, falling skies, doctor who, and many more ETC). If these shows were on tv in a timely manner I would not have to download them, waiting 2 years after they screen in the U.S and ads every 5 mins is ridiculous in this day and age and a subscription pay tv service that is too cheap to pay the premium for new seasons as it eats into their profits is crap.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

Problem is, I dont care. I download most the TV shows I watch because a) they are either months behind here or b) dont air at all (on pay or free tv).

I download movies, if I didnt, I wouldnt hire the dvd. I wouldnt buy it from some online downloader. I rarely if ever actually go to the movies. So you arent missing out on my profit.

No it's not stealing... If it was stealing, that's what you would be charged with. You get charged with copyright infringement for a reason, you breached a govt given right to make copies. Until the a few hundred years ago with the invention of the printing press anyone could legally sit there and write out a copy of a book. They invented copyright because of the ease of copying. Copying is not theft.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
[video=youtube_share;ALZZx1xmAzg]http://youtu.be/ALZZx1xmAzg[/video]

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Movies sold to Blockbuster and the like for hiring purposes cost Blockbuster way more than your typical $30 for a dvd at JB Hifi. That extra money is for the hiring license that goes back to the copywrite holder. Thus if you would have otherwise hired a DVD, indirectly the legitimate owners of the media do miss out.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No it's not stealing... If it was stealing, that's what you would be charged with.

It is stealing and has a specific offence under the crimes act of Australia (and most other jurisdictions of the western world).

You get charged with copyright infringement for a reason, you breached a govt given right to make copies.

Which government given right is that??? There is no Australian bill of rights about anything, let alone copying your favourite tunes/movie without paying for it.

Until the a few hundred years ago with the invention of the printing press anyone could legally sit there and write out a copy of a book. They invented copyright because of the ease of copying. Copying is not theft.

I'm not sure about the legalities several hundred years ago but Australian law only started with Federation in 1901. Before that we operated under British law. The current laws were introduced in the late 60's and have been regularly updated ever since. Some light reading for you:http://www.copyright.org.au/

R
eaper

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
doesn't bother me in any way. The way they (the internet popo) see it is something downloaded illegally, is money lost to a sale. Half the time, the stuff you download from so called download sites is piss poor quality, falsely named, wrong level.... to name just a few. I spent years downloading music from Kazaa, Napster, to name only 2, as one was shut down, i went to another. Last check, i had something like 18,000 mp3's that were downloaded from many different so called music servers. To this day, i have quite a few songs on my ipod that were downloaded from those sites, when you play them in a play list, the levels are so up and down, that one song can be hardly heard, the next blows your eardrums out. You may be able to "normalise" them, haven't looked..... these days i prefer to get them legally through iTunes.... i can preview the music i want before i buy it. It doesn't cost much to purchase, i just buy it.
Doesn't mean i am against these sites, i just choose not to use them any more.