Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social welfare

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I wish I could live in your fantasy land. Drop the dole and see how quick crime rate's and depression go up.Yeah that will work. I like the part where people are complaining about "their" tax money. You do realise it's not yours right and the government has other means of revenue on top of that?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I wish I could live in your fantasy land. Drop the dole and see how quick crime rate's and depression go up.Yeah that will work. I like the part where people are complaining about "their" tax money. You do realise it's not yours right and the government has other means of revenue on top of that?

Seriously, have you got any idea of what you are talking about??????

Ok lets look at the crime rate going up.

By implementing rule 3 in post #80 hopefully our court system will be able to hand out sentences that are actually a deterrent from turning to a life of crime.
Also if that person wants to resort to crime instead of working then that person would of stayed on the "benefits" for as long as they could with out making a contribution to society.

Depression, what a joke. I am depressed because I have to support these bludgers that are not willing to go out and get a job and support themselves like the other 95% of workers in this country. So can I have some money because I am depressed???????

Now before you go carrying on about how hard it is when you are unemployed and I wouldn't know anything about it, a quick bit of background.

I found myself unemployed back in the eighties where the unemployment rate was the highest it had been in a long time, something like 6.9% in Brisbane.
I looked for a job everyday and yes it was hard. I also rode my push bike (yet I had a car and license) from Ferny Grove to West End everyday at 05:00 to stand out side QUF (pauls milk) and wait to see if there was any casual jobs going for the day. Most weeks I would get at least 3 to 4 days work doing anything from mopping floors to packing plastic milk bottles in trucks. Once the staff got to know me and knew I would do just about anything they started to give me better types of work. I even got trained on an injection molding machine. That was so cool.
Just so you know, I rode everyday to save money on fuel and wear and tear on the car as I could not afford luxuries at the time.

Now my tax dollars at work. Please explain to me where the government gets a great majority of its money from. I am no economist, but I do know that most of the infrastructure that our government used to own has been sold off to private companies, so the revenue that was generated from these companies is no longer.

The only way our government can give money to someone is by first taking it away from someone else. See my first post, the 5 sentence one.
If you know of another way for our government to make money, please tell them. This may help in reducing the amount of taxes and duties that we currently pay.

you do realise that in fact it is MY tax money. I worked for it, so it is mine. I am also a contributing member to society, which in turn gives me a very, very small voice in how MY tax money is spent. I do not want it spent on some lazy dole bludging cretin that does not want to work for a living.

Have a bit of a look and see how many taxes we have in this country. Just because it is not a direct tax to you does not mean that you are not paying the tax.
A quick example is the fuel excise tax, what is it currently? about 38c a Ltr. Its still my money going to the government coffers.

But if you want to go to work and spend a percentage of your time busting your bum to earn money for some dole bludger feel free. I on the other hand would prefer to be going to work for myself and to help the people that legitimately can not work for a living. But hey thats just me.

Whilst on the subject of taxes, I did this little calculation a few years ago, rates may of changed, but most will work it out.

I got a little bored, so I decided to work out what tax you would be paying a year if you were single, didn’t own your own home and on $55 000 per year before tax.
The income tax calculation is taken from the ATO web site.
The fuel excise is taken from: Fuel Tax Inquiry - Issues Paper - Part 5
All the figures stated in this example are rough estimations, some may be higher, and some maybe lower for different people.
This has been done as a guide to what our government is taking off the workers of this country.

Tax rates 2008-09
Taxable income
Tax on this income
$0 – $6,000 Nil
$6,001 – $34,000 15c for each $1 over $6,000
$34,001 – $80,000 $4,200 plus 30c for each $1 over $34,000*calculation used
$80,001 – $180,000 $18,000 plus 40c for each $1 over $80,000
$180,001 and over $58,000 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000

Tax for income of $55 000 Per annum = 4200.00(base) + 20999 * .30 = 10499.7
Total tax on $55 000.00 = $10499.7
Take home = $44 500.3 Per annum
Weekly take home = $855.76
Tax rate =19.09%

Average expenses incurred.
Home phone = $60.00 per month = $5.45 GST x 12 months = $65.40 per year
Mobile phone = 60.00 per month = $5.45 GST x 12 months = $65.40 per year
Groceries $150.00 per week = $13.64 GST x 52 weeks = $709.28 per year
Car rego (6 Cyl) $666.35 per year GST = $60.58 per year
Car insurance $550.00 per year $50 GST per year
Car maintenance $1000.00 per year $90.01 GST per year
Fuel (6 Cyl) based on $1.40 per LTR (38.143 cents per LTR excise)
Weekly consumption 80ltr x $1.40= $112.00 = $10.18 GST a week
= $529.36 GST a year
Excise on 80ltr of fuel = 80LTR x 38.143 = $30.51 a week = $1586.52 per year
Contents insurance, home $500.00 per year = $45.45 per year GST
Entertainment weekly $150.00 =$13.64 GST per week = $709.28 per year GST
Sundries (hair care, appliances, clothing, dental, doctors, shoes, tolls, public transport) $100.00 per week =$9.09 GST a week =$472.68 per year GST

Total spending’s a year = $30 780.35
Taxes paid not including income tax = $4383.96
Income tax=$10499.7
Total taxes paid = $10499.70 + $4383.96= $14883.66 per year
Percentage of tax on income = 27.06% per year.
Out of all the hours you work a week,(based on say 40 hours) the first 11 hours of that week you work is for the government!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder most people hate Monday’s and a bit of Tuesday!!!!!

PS I love my fantasy land, its a far fairer place than what we have today. Maybe you should come and visit one day and see how different things could be. Note was wearing my rose coloured glasses in MY fantasy world.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
If it was yours you would have it. You don't thus it's not yours.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
If it was yours you would have it. You don't thus it's not yours.

I don't have it because I WORK for a living and because I work for a living, by law I have to give a % of MY money to the government as tax. If I did not WORK for a living then no one would have it and I would have some of YOUR hard earned money. Pretty simple.

Hell I think I may close my doors due to depression and take some other peoples money and sit on my bum playing X Box and whining about how little I get on the dole.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Haha minux deleting my post. Classic. Just as big a tosser as Desicrate. His opinion is different to mine thus it is wrong. Admin or not I don't give a ****. You can't just go about deleting posts because it doesn't agree with you when it didn't break any rules. Nothing I have said so far warrants any infraction.

Thanks for calling me a tosser for expressing my views on a subject in an open forum.

I don't quite get this bit "His opinion is different to mine thus it is wrong" are you saying that my opinion is wrong or your opinion is wrong or is it Minux opinion that is wrong???

After all it is only an opinion.

But lets call people tossers because you have no decent retort that you can use to explain yourself.
Are you currently working for a living? I ask this because you almost sound like you are defending people that want to sit on the dole and call it a living.

Oh crap I didn't get this post in before he got banned.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Now, back to some reasonable posts perhaps?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Now, back to some reasonable posts perhaps?

This is JC dude. ;) lol *jks*

Welfare will always be seen by me (and my family) as a pathetic hand out for lazy leeches. Even when I've been unemployed, I have never left myself in a position to require hand outs.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Another possibility is without the dole more people would be forced to work and crime rate would go down

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

WTF??? Of course it's mine/whoever earned it. Last I checked, I'm the one fronting up to work every morning doing 10+ hours each day to earn a living. I am in no shape or form saying that zero tax is possible but to say it's "not your money" is just wrong. I earned it and it is involuntarily given (actually taken buy) the government.

Reaper

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

lolwut?!?

No it is my money, just that I have to pay for the right to work and live in Australia. And also apparently for the rights of others not to work.