Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The wh caprice we stumbled across... What a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Hi guys. Me and my dad stumbled across This.
Car: Wh caprice.
Intirior: Tan leather. Full optioned.
Wheels: Starcorp shadow chrome 18s good tyres.
Engine and box: V6 auto.
exchaust system. Log books. Has had front end damage and some smashed windows not sure weather to sell parts off it or fix it. Depends on radiator support and how it drive will put battery in it tommorow and take it around the block. Guy paid $10.000 1 month later smashed it. It sat there waiting for us to find it and give it a good home. What a waste on a CAPRICE...
SAM_7281.jpg

SAM_7276.jpg

SAM_7275.jpg

SAM_7266.jpg

SAM_7267.jpg

SAM_7268.jpg

SAM_7278.jpg

SAM_7279.jpg

SAM_7282.jpg

SAM_7283.jpg

SAM_7274.jpg

SAM_7277.jpg

SAM_7285.jpg

SAM_7284.jpg

SAM_7286.jpg

SAM_7271.jpg

SAM_7272.jpg

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
My vote is repair it. Interior will be fine, **** load of interior cleaner will fix that up fine. If the windscreen is ok, the other windows will be buckleys to fix. If she drives ok, and the chassis doesn't have the shape of a banana - I reckon bring it back to life.
I think it looks a lot worse than it is, get some armour all multi pupose cleaner, heaps of leather cleaner and a vaccum and see what happens.

What do reckon it'll cost to fix the front end damage?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate. The windscreen is ok the quater glasses are good and the passangers front. The rest are ######. As for the intirior i think it will come up good we will pull it out. And also girni the carpet. Belive it or not the roof lining is like new.. Just ashame about the rain otherwise i would be working on it... As for the damage we will have a go at fixing it need the bar and bonnet and maybe a gaurd. Cheers.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
their so balling , that would be my dream car for a while , i always wanted one ujst couldnt afford it
20's and airbags .

back to yours though , it really dosent look that bad , replace windows give her a clean, new front body kit and she be sweet

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
wow that is a shame it was treated so badly, +1 to repair, that front end damage doesnt look too bad so rad support may be ok, has all the caprice stuff except for the bonnet, must have been changed before

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Thanks mate. The windscreen is ok the quater glasses are good and the passangers front. The rest are ######. As for the intirior i think it will come up good we will pull it out. And also girni the carpet. Belive it or not the roof lining is like new.. Just ashame about the rain otherwise i would be working on it... As for the damage we will have a go at fixing it need the bar and bonnet and maybe a gaurd. Cheers.

Cost you buckleys and it will cost much less than $10,000 to fix is my logic - provided the damage is just what it looks like.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
The poor car. :( Either way...I vote to fix it...with a bit of work it should come up really nice.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
So, wait, how much did you guys pay for it? The way your first post reads it sounds like you and your old man were just cruising in your tow truck and chucked it on the back for keeps.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
We wish we had a tow truck because that would have been much cheaper..

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i have to ask, if it's not a rude question how much did you pick it up for. i'd give it a go to clean it, at the end of the day you might spend 200 bucks on cleaning products and have a fkn nice car, or it might not come up at all, but i'd risk it knowing what it could be if it worked, if that makes sense. I'd completly strip the interior out of the car, and clean it all outside, would be so much easier. But yeh i'd have a go at fixing it. hopefully the damage isnt to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.