Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnout car

Damovr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk stato v8
G'day fellas
I've got a vr 6cyl that I'm turning into a burnout car I got it for free I need some ideas for making into a
Decent burnout car its been lowerd I'm getting the diff welded is their anything else I should do

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
depending on how much power you intend to make you will need to change the diff ratio to do decent top gear burnouts. I'd suggest 4.11 diff with mini-spool.

Modify the manifold so you have twin TB's sticking out of the bonnet :D

Fit a thermo fan override switch so you can have the thermo fan going as soon as you start the burnout so it doesn't overheat as quick. Maybe fit a 82 degree thermostat too.

Cut the exhaust so it blows towards one of the rear wheels, that way it will blow the smoke about.

Fit a ecotec oil pressure spring to ensure good oil pressure at high rpm's

IF you intend to do a lot of burnouts, fit a decent oil cooler as it will improve engine longevity.....

IF it's a auto, fit the biggest trans cooler you can find. Might pay to fit one with it's own thermo fan to aid cooling

You could also fit some 20% underdriven pulleys so that the water pump, power steering pump and alternator aren't over revved to much.

Cheers

njmartin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec, VY wagz
cop chip, red coil packs, 15mm coil leads for a stronger spark. this combo has been proven to get you 250rwkw on a vn v6 before, so you should be able to fry tires with ease... ill try find the dyno graph for ya

njmartin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec, VY wagz
mydyno.gif

calaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais v6
make it light. put thermo fans on if it doesnt have them already. get rid of anything running off the drive belt you dont need, i.e. the a/c, water pump. (replace with electric) get rid of the back brakes. do whatever you can to stiffen the chassis and remember mechanical bits heat up when doing skids so its your job to try and keep them cool, anyway you can. change the computer so the rev limiter doesnt restrict you, v6s love to be flogged! thats what i reckon anyway. dont get caught doing skids on the road, that always ends badly.