Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve angel eyes where to get them?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Dont do it !!!!
Unless you want to spend $$$$ replacing your headlights because they keep getting moisture in them, because you cant seal them properly after baking them...

The may look pretty, but once you pop open the headlight lens it is a right royal PITA to put it back together and make them weatherproof.

Spend your money elsewhere !!

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's european idiot.. Go learn what RICE means.

Aftermarket halo headlights that didnt come out standard on a car is rice. But hey to each his own.

My advice, try The Retrofit Source. A US based company. Speak to Matt, the best customer service ive ever seen!!! They also sell the glue to reseal the headlights.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Aftermarket halo headlights that didnt come out standard on a car is rice. But hey to each his own.

My advice, try The Retrofit Source. A US based company. Speak to Matt, the best customer service ive ever seen!!! They also sell the glue to reseal the headlights.

why is it ok if it came out standard? and you still dont get what rice is.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think it only looks good on cars that came out with from factory same goes for DRLs. Yes i know, Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. I've seen halo headlights on Commodores and i think it looks ricey. But like i said to each his own.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
How hard are they to install? If you do it all properly and seal the head lights I don't see why they would get moisture in them.

And that is the ohh crap, will I need to buy new headlights now question ????
One member on here has had them professionally done, and had the moisture issue.

I have done this with with a MKIV golf headlight, and I have baked EF Falcon headlights to open them up before, and I too have had the moisture issue.

So if you plan on getting it right, practice, practice, practice.... Once you are confident that you can get it right... Practice a little more.
And if you are going to practice, do it on some cheap, and nasty headlight that if you break, you are not going to loose sleep over.
(I.E. dont practice on a VE headlamp !!!!!)

Generically, (I.E. parts of this may or may not apply to a VE here),
it involves removing the headlights, removing any metal bits from the headlight assy (Such as clips, screws, connectors, etc),
then baking the headlight in a standard oven at some temperature (Cant remember exactly, as I did this YEARS ago), for around 15 minutes.

Once baked, remove the headlight, and applying consistent force and movement, peel the back housing from the headlamp lens.
If the headlamp lens has been fixed with a different adhesive than normal (I.E. repaired), then chances are you will break the lens at this point.

Allow the headlamp to cool, and make your modifications...
Once completed...

Bake Headlamp once again, and using the same consistent movement, refit the lens back to the headlamp assembly.
Finally, clamp the lens to the headlight, using equal pressure, and wait a couple of hours to cool and set.

Refit to the car, and hope that the lens is sealed and weather tight, otherwise you will be looking at replacing the headlamp two years down the track because the silver finish will have all come off the plastic, and will truly look like $h!t !!!!!!

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
And that is the ohh crap, will I need to buy new headlights now question ????
One member on here has had them professionally done, and had the moisture issue.

I have done this with with a MKIV golf headlight, and I have baked EF Falcon headlights to open them up before, and I too have had the moisture issue.

So if you plan on getting it right, practice, practice, practice.... Once you are confident that you can get it right... Practice a little more.
And if you are going to practice, do it on some cheap, and nasty headlight that if you break, you are not going to loose sleep over.
(I.E. dont practice on a VE headlamp !!!!!)

Generically, (I.E. parts of this may or may not apply to a VE here),
it involves removing the headlights, removing any metal bits from the headlight assy (Such as clips, screws, connectors, etc),
then baking the headlight in a standard oven at some temperature (Cant remember exactly, as I did this YEARS ago), for around 15 minutes.

Once baked, remove the headlight, and applying consistent force and movement, peel the back housing from the headlamp lens.
If the headlamp lens has been fixed with a different adhesive than normal (I.E. repaired), then chances are you will break the lens at this point.

Allow the headlamp to cool, and make your modifications...
Once completed...

Bake Headlamp once again, and using the same consistent movement, refit the lens back to the headlamp assembly.
Finally, clamp the lens to the headlight, using equal pressure, and wait a couple of hours to cool and set.

Refit to the car, and hope that the lens is sealed and weather tight, otherwise you will be looking at replacing the headlamp two years down the track because the silver finish will have all come off the plastic, and will truly look like $h!t !!!!!!

Wow, #### that.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Il do it Nd then silicone it, I can't be ####ed reading all that to be ohnest

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Lmao!!! If it was easy velj, everyone would be doing it. U might wanna read it