Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best bang for your buck?

daveiath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN aero and a VS calais both 5 speed
well im buying a second hand engine off a mate so i can still drive my vs while build up an engine for it, the only thing wrong with the other engine is it has a dropped valve and he thinks the piston would be screwed but thats not an issue as im going to buy a rebuild kit, ive thought about getting a stroker kit but there isnt really many people around that do head machining etc plus its not cheap, im on my p's and cant drive a v8 for 2 and a half years so i want to get the best power for the money im willing to spend somewhere between $1000 and $2000, express your ideas please.

p.s it is an ecotec yes

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why don't you try searching?

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
P plates = no performance modifications. I suggest keep it looking clean and keep it well maintained and learn how to handle the car as it is no need to make it go faster. That can wait til you get your opens

daveiath

Reaction score
Members Ride
P plates = no performance modifications. I suggest keep it looking clean and keep it well maintained and learn how to handle the car as it is no need to make it go faster. That can wait til you get your opens

lol ive been driving higher powered cars off my p's i think i know how to handle a car.. and the cops arent going to pull my engine to bits just to pin me with **** there not bad here..

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
no need to get defensive kid.

Who you calling kid, MR car driver extraordinaire?

If your such a good driver, why don't you be mature and follow the laws that have been made to protect inexperienced drivers like yourself from wrapping yourself around a tree?

Otherwise, I hope you get caught. We don't need cocky P Platers on the road.

daveiath

Reaction score
Members Ride
Who you calling kid, MR car driver extraordinaire?

If your such a good driver, why don't you be mature and follow the laws that have been made to protect inexperienced drivers like yourself from wrapping yourself around a tree?

Otherwise, I hope you get caught. We don't need cocky P Platers on the road.

hah yeah your all gonna be like this i know it.

why should i follow **** there are still just as much car crashes with or without this stupid law, if i went and got my p's in act i can drive what ever the hell i want so how does that work?

oah i wont i know what the cops are like here i dont live in victoria.. i wasnt being cocky i know how to drive its not rocket science..