Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plate exemption for family statesman

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
How is this making the OP's girl friends life difficult? She has her own car.
regardles whether she has a car or not, rta will most likely make things difficult for them, its what they and vic roads do

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
P1 and P2 vehicle and passenger conditions

took 30 seconds to find an answer why would you even bother asking?

what would be the point of having restrictions if they granted exemptions easily?
if you want to go on long drives and share the driving you will have to take the viva

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
why in gods name would you want your girl friend driving your pride and joy?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Thanks guys and girls,

Clair I'm not out to start a fight so your points have been taken on board and accepted. And yes, we live de facto in a unit for quite some time, so its great to know she's considered family.

Was just curious to see if anyone's ever tried it because all I can find on forums are along the lines of "I want to buy a VE SS because my mates brothers dads cousin is selling one but I've only had my P's for 3 days and cant wait 3 years". When I was on my P's it pre dated all this, so it didn't matter what car I jumped behind the wheel of any Class C car.

End of the day as you've all said its not the be all and end all, we've done the right thing by ensuring she has a car she can drive. Lets leave it there then :)

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
So you think one day common sense will persevere and these stupid 'high performance' bans for all drivers will be removed?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Stupid laws, completely devoid of common sense. I dont think you're any chance of an exemption sadly, and I can see why you're frustrated. I've had mates which drive their parents "high powered" cars at age 16 under supervision but then can't drive them from ages 18-22, supervised or not.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
I like what all the rich kids do, mum and dad already have high powered cars, so they buy them a high powered car. Sorry only have v8's and turbos, exemption granted.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I like what all the rich kids do, mum and dad already have high powered cars, so they buy them a high powered car. Sorry only have v8's and turbos, exemption granted.

Bernard Tomich is a good example of this. Why the hell would the QLD RTA let him drive an M3 on his P's? He clearly earns enough money to buy a less powerful car. What a tool.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
who i was thinking off when I wrote this.

When i was at industrials the little tool I worked with bought a twin turboat 17...... when the new laws came into effect he had just turned 18 lost his license (tool was still driving around).... sold his twin turbo and bought a senator.

When he got busted driving it around without a license mommy and daddy got him a good lawyer and got the charges dropped on a technicality...... and when his suspension was up he went in to get his license only to to find due to the regression laws he was back on p1's and on the new system not allowing him to drive anything fun, including his car.

Kept arguing that he had his car before the exemptions took place, but due to being done and moved to the new system the department put their foot down they wouldnt grant an exemption.

So he just hired a more expensive lawyer and kept challenging it