Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plate exemption for family statesman

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
rta will most likely make things difficult for them, its what they and vic roads do

i think you have that statement arse-about.

its the person asking for an exemption that is making things difficult on rta/vicroads. They have a rule. why should they have to repeatedly say NO to idiots that think they dont deserve to be treated like every other person in australia.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE

its the person asking for an exemption that is making things difficult on rta/vicroads. They have a rule. why should they have to repeatedly say NO to idiots that think they dont deserve to be treated like every other person in australia.
i think you living in a fantasy world
remember that money talks and bullsh1t walks

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
i think you living in a fantasy world
remember that money talks and bullsh1t walks

I fail to see what money or bullshit has to do with trying to get an exemption? As Ari said, they have a rule in place, it's the same for everyone, deal with it.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

it's no different to everyone who gets a fine thinking they can challenge it because the law applies to everybody but themselves

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a

Except Western Australia, who don't have such stupid restrictions, in fact they ruled out introducing such discriminatory laws due to the fact that there was no actual road safety improvement noted in the states that introduced them. The report also noted that accidents involving young drivers in high performance vehicles amount to 0.2% of all accidents involving young drivers.

Not to mention the fact that the proponents of these laws are virtually all older people for whom these laws don't, and won't apply to. Just like the White Australia Policy, Apartheid, segregation in the Southern US, and other discriminatory policies.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
and everytime I pointed this out to our politicians I got told 'no you are incorrect, we have the data backing us up'

Ask to see it and you get bits and pieces of some surveys that sound like they were answered by today tonight viewers.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Apartheid??? Are you fkn serious???

What this is all about is a bunch of kids having a sook that they are not allowed to drive a car that will make their mates jealous. We ALL had p plate restrictions. I was limited to 100kw per metric tonne, but now its changed. Yes i do agree its retarded that a p plater can drive a 350 horse v35 skyline and not a 253 hj, but the 100kw pmt was too hard for the cops to keep track of on the side of the road. This way is easy.

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Yes I am serious in the sense that these laws are discrimination. Is it evil on the same level that Apartheid was? No but that doesn't change the fact that it is still discrimination on basis of age just as Apartheid was discrimination on basis of race.

I'm not having a sook about it either. I'm opposing what I consider to be a bad law. Expressing a political viewpoint in a democracy can hardly be called "having a sook", especially when the law is of dubious effectiveness, introduced to appease a vocal minority lobby. If the government was really serious about young drivers being safe on the road they would be actually trying to ensure youth are equipped with adequate road safety skills before they get their licences. The current system is not working, and that's why I have a problem with it.

Maybe everyone went through a period on provisional licences, but you can hardly say that someone who got their licence after seeing the local copper and driving around the block to be given their P licence that they had to hold for 6 months is qualified to sympathize with people who are forced to undergo 4 years of being on their L/P's, pay for and pass 4 separate tests at $50 a pop each, have a list of restrictions as long as their arm, be told what and when they can drive and who they can drive with, need I keep going on...

Also for the record I'm more than happy with my V6 VS Commodore. I doubt I could afford to keep a V8 on the road even if I was allowed to drive one. Everyone knows the P plates give me another 60 bajillion kw and 80 gazillion nm of torque anyway...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
fair enough mate. thats your opinion, you are welcome to it. luckily this "minority" you speak of is actually the majority, and youth drivers are in fact the minority. so yeah, sucks to be be on your p's then. ill see how you feel after 15 years of driving and every summer when the influx of retarded p-platers hits the road.

everytime i see a p-plated car with a male driving i like to watch. guaranteed within 5-10 minutes they will pull some stunt which an expierenced driver wouldnt even dare to do. everytime i see it happen, i am glad they have a car that forces them to do that stunt at 80kmph, rather than the 120kmph a powerful car would be capable of in the same space.

[im still lol'ing at the minority comment. like that 1% rally huh? WE ARE THE 1%!!! uh huh, and you aint gonna change **** so get used to it]