Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LAPD shoot 2 innocent women during manhunt

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
A 71-year-old woman and her daughter were shot on Thursday when six Los Angeles Police Department officers mistakenly fired upon their vehicle believing it belonged to alleged cop killer, Christopher Dorner.

Emma Hernandez and her 47-year-old daughter, Margie Carranza, ultimately survived the onslaught, but both are understandably still shaken up about what happened.

On Friday, the pair’s attorney told reporters that his clients received “no command, no instruction, no warning” before bullets hit their newspaper-delivery truck.

According to Glen Jonas, his clients are still contemplating legal action.

"They had no idea what was going on. They're huddling, covering up and praying and hoping they're not going to die."

Hernandez was shot in the back; Carranza suffered a hand injury.

How did the LAPD respond to this horrific accident? By saying that what happened was a case of mistaken identity and giving the pair a new truck. It goes without saying that there will also likely be a substantial financial settlement between all involved before everything is said and done.

The police officers who shot at Hernandez and her daughter were looking for a dark gray Nissan Titan, not a blue Toyota Tocoma. Either way, though, even if the cars had been an exact match, police protocol doesn’t call for firing upon vehicles sans warning.

"They still have to give the guy an opportunity to surrender. You can't just execute him," the lawyer said. "It's in these high-stress situations where you follow your training and they violated every piece of training they ever received."

The LAPD officers who fired upon Hernandez and her daughter were all put on paid administrative leave.

"Thank God they didn't die. It's a miracle they didn't," he said. "If it was a movie, you wouldn't believe it."

8459531862_be2192b536_z.jpg

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Cool story. Is there a point? A question? Something we should be discussing? It happened in another country. Not really our problem.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I felt like posting it, Dont like it? tough titties miss.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
cops are people too maaaaaan!!!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Pretty impressive firing over 40 rounds and managing to hit almost everything except what they were aiming for.

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Should've been some Aussie there, "that's not a knife..."

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
If it were in Australia whoever they were shooting at would have gotten out and been like "MATE, stop shootin at my Ute ya tosser! Have a stubby & piss off ya kent!" then everyone would live happily ever after.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i wouldnt dare sneeze in front of a lapd cop. they shoot anything that moves... ny cops are just as bad. i remember back in 99 a dude named Amadou Diallo got shot 41 times coming out of this apartment complex in nyc. what they thought was a gun was his wallet... ive had a cop unsnap his holster and put his hand on his weapon when i clearly hand nothing in my hands. its the wild west over there man... its common place dude...